Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Lurking from first tri
Mvh234 posted:
Posted this on first tri but wanted to get some feedback from you ladies too:

I started crossfitting almost three months ago and I'm hooked. I lost 16 lbs so far and feel great. Now that I'm pregnant I'm getting a lot of slack from hubby and sister (she also crossfits). They think I need to stop

Doctor gave thumbs up as long as my body was already used to that level of intensity. My coach is also aware of the pregnancy and has agreed work with me.

Anyone else crossfitting while pregnant? I just want to share some experiences and tips.

thebirdisblue87 responded:
I do not crossfit but if the doctor is saying it is ok I would say you should be fine. I was working out to P90x before I became pregnant and my doctor told me I could continue to do it as long I feel good, so I do.
Just make sure you listen to your body...if you get tired make sure you take a break. Also I would say maybe just try to eat a little more so that you are still gaining a little for the baby.
Remember at some point during your pregnancy you may have to stop doing it and maybe go to speed walking or something of that matter. Just listen to your body, it will tell you if it is too much. Good luck!!

oliviaand replied to thebirdisblue87's response:
Oh, to all you ladies who can still workout vigorously, I wish I could. But, because I am considered high risk, my doctor told me no. I was diagnosed with placenta previa and until it corrects itself, i cannot do anything vigorous. Hopefully, it will clear up soon. I was a runner before I got pregnant but I had to stop because ir made my sciatica worse and also because of the placenta previa. But, I walk.

Mvh234 replied to oliviaand's response:
Thank you both for responding. I'm really trying to listen to my body. I think I need to focus on maintaining fitness not pushing myself too hard.

I'm ok with stopping if needed but for now I feel great working out.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Proud Army Wife (24) My Soldier (25) Our Fur Babies (1 dog, 2 cats, 1 sugar glider) TEAM BLUE!! EDD 7/25/10

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.