Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Round ligmament pain be felt as burning sometimes?
oliviaand posted:
Ok. I am sorry for this post but I just wanted to ask all of you moms who experienced round ligament pain. Can it sometimes be a burning pain? I had gone to my doctor because I would routinely get sharp, burning pains in my groin area, or femoral area. But, I am also feeling them in my labia area as well. My doctor said it was because of the round ligament pain. I don't have any infection or yeast infections and no unusual discharge. IT is just that when i do get these pains they are short but painful. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced something like this. I am a worrywart and I know I shouldn't worry because it can affect the baby. My doctor said it is because the baby is growing and the uterus is going upward into my belly so the ligaments are stretching. ITs just annoying having to deal with this and my sciatica as well. It is not too bad (sciatica) but sometimes I am stopped in my tracks by the sudden shooting pains I get down my legs.

Thank you, ladies.

KOMmom responded:
Yes, I can attest to the burning pain. Freaked me out at first and when I asked the dr. she told me the same thing. I would also get in groin area or right hand side towards the very top of my leg. Would be pretty intense then go away. And with my sciatica making the top of my left thigh numb whever I'm standing or walking it's been quite an adventure. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start spotting or running a fever or something like that. Even though this is my second one I'm having things with this pregnancy I didn't with my daughter so in some aspects it's new all over again. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married hubby 4/4/09. Started TTC in Sept 2009 and got pregnant in April 2010. We are expecting our bundle of joy, Chace, Dec 30, 2010 if not before. ...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful