Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Gender Reveal Party For 2nd Baby
scperdomo7 posted:
So, DH and I already have one son together (he's 3). I am 4 months prego with #2 and I told DH that I didn't want to find out. I wanted it to be a surprise.

Well, he thought that was stupid (his words, so eloquent, that one), because what if people want to buy gifts, then how are they gonna know what gender to buy for? Oh yes, very strong argument. His idea was then to have a Gender Reveal Party instead of a traditional baby shower. (I know....)

So, we are to have the US tech put the results in an envelope, when we are ready to have the party we take the results to a bakery, have them assemble a cake, blue frosting in the middle for a boy, pink for a girl frost with white (or chocolate) frosting and we cut into the cake at the party and VOILA! Everyone finds out at the same time.

Oh yes honey, very cute idea. However - if people want to buy gifts for the party they STILL wont know what gender to buy for because they wont find out until the party!! Not sure if he thought that one through all the way, not that it matters, he is standing by that idea, that's what he wants to do so that is what we are doing.

My idea? Toss the results that the US tech gives me (because I am going to the big US alone - DH jobs makes it difficult for him to take off and honestly, what do I need him there for?) and when I have the bakery do the cake, have them do a double layer cake and put pink in one layer and blue in the other and when we cut it at the party - yell out - "SURPRISE, I'm having TWINS!" *Give DH a few minutes, because he will most likely pass out at this point*

Then after it dies down, tell everyone I am only kidding and reveal the true results. I really do want to just not find out at all, but if I have no choice - then I am at least going to have a little fun and mess with people.

I am looking for ideas on how to reveal the true results. Have DS run out in a pink/blue shirt? Wear a pink/blue tank top under my shirt and rip off my shirt? Just scream out "It's a _____!"

I don't know. I need some ideas. Please and thank you.

An_242764 responded:
I like the double cake idea. That would be fun and to see your hubby passout would be worth it.

You can just have people give you gift cards or buy things that can be used for both genders.

You can always wear a bracelet or necklace that is pink and blue and then take off the one for the gender your baby is not. Or you can just wear a cami the color of the gender with an open shirt and have that showing throughout the party and see how long it takes for people to realize what the true gender is.

scperdomo7 replied to An_242764's response:
Ohh, I like the idea about wearing a cami of the true gender! Thanks for the suggestions!! I just really want to have fun with this, my original idea was to just do the cake with both colors and tell everyone it looks like the bakery messed up and then not even reveal the true gender, but my mom said that would be mean, lol.

Stephanie (27) Chris (36) DS-Cameron (3) DSS-Brandyn (16)
EDD: 12/7/12 - Purple Team

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone! My name is Kate and I just joined this community and I'm excited to meet other moms. I am a mother of 4 children and found out in Apr...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful