Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Gender prediction....
thebirdisblue87 posted:
Okay this may be the most odd question but I was wondering if anyone has ever been told they are having a boy but have a girl instead.
I am pregnant with our first child and we found out last week we are having a boy. The only strange thing to me is the penis looks like it is in the middle of the belly. I know that sounds weird but you can clearly see the legs and head and the penis is inbetween the head and legs, almost like it might be the umbilical cord.
We are fine with either boy or girl, I am just worried we will buy everything boy and it will be a girl instead. Not that we would love her any different she would just dress as a boy instead for awhile. lol We have an ultrasound place near us that you can pay to have a 3D ultrasound done so we are thinking about that we just don't really want to spend the money. Any exprience would be great. Thank you!

beckie_33 responded:
I had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and it said I'm having a boy. Then had another ultrasound at 22 weeks and they checked again and there wasn't any way to mistake it as anything other than a boy. So I would wait for your next ultasound and have the tech check again for the gender.

Before I found out that i'm having a boy I bought clothes for both boys and girls and some that weren't gender spacific. I figured that what ever gender I wasn't having I would either keep for later so i'd have something or give it to friends/family who are having a baby.

Taylove11 responded:
I had a friend recently give birth. She was told that they were having a girl and when the baby was born, he was very much a boy. It's definitely not 100% accurate because the baby can be in an odd position. I went in for an u/s at 16 weeks. The tech took a peek at the gender and there was no mistaking that it was a boy. We had an amnio done because of some concerns we were having, and the amnio confirmed 100% genetically that it is a boy.

I would wait to see if you are going to have another u/s to see if you can get another look. If you're not scheduled to have another one, an option my OB gives is a 3D u/s, but you have to pay for it. Maybe you could try that? If not, you can always buy gender nuetral with greens, tans, oranges, and yellows. Good luck!
Me (24), DH (31), DD (2) Expecting again! EDD 12/7/12. Blue team!

thebirdisblue87 replied to Taylove11's response:
Thank you both for your suggestions. I did decide to schedule an appointment for the 3D ultrasound place that is by us. The woman there worked out a deal for me and we go in on Sunday to figure out for sure.
I know it would not be the end of the world if he came out a boy but it would be nice to be more sure about it.

thebirdisblue87 responded:
So we went to our 3D ultrasound appointment and it is a boy. We are so happy to really know for sure. It was also really cool to see our little boy better. He looks like he is going to have my husbands pointy nose. lol I guess we will see. It is neat to really see his fingers and toes though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 28, married my wonderful DH (28) on March 10, 2011. We started TTC the end of January and got VERY lucky and became pregnant within the first ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.