Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
It's so hot!!
HayleesMom2007 posted:
I live in Pittsburgh and we are on a 2 week stretch of 90 plus degree temps. It's going to be 99 tomorrow!! I am so not used to this kind of heat and of course it is in the year that I am pregnant all summer long!! I know that allot of other places are experiencing these same extreme temps, so how are all of you ladies doing in this heat? I hope everyone is finding ways to stay cool and safe.
Erica (29), DH (31), DD (4) and baby No. 2 on the way EDD 11/14/12 blue team!!!

scperdomo7 responded:
I live in the Tampa FL and it is certainly no picnic this time of year in regards to weather! This one is due Dec. 7, so hopefully I will catch some more comfortable weather when I'm really feeling like a whale. With DS, I was due the first week of July, Lord have mercy I was miserable!

This time around, I'm definitely listening to my body more, I'm a lot more about comfort than I was last time. I do work an office job, so at least I'm in a/c during the day. It's usually the weekends that get me, running around, doing yard work, etc I have to make sure I drink plenty of water and take a break if I feel like I'm getting over heated.
Stephanie (27) Chris (36) DS-Cameron (3) DSS-Brandyn (16)
EDD: 12/7/12 - Purple Team

beckie_33 responded:
I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and we've had 38 days of no rain and temps in the mid 90's into the 100's. Today I woke up to rain and temps will be in the 80's today. Yeah!!! Finally some relief.

I would spend time in the pool to help me cool off and to help keeps the swelling in my feet down. Being pregnant during the summer is not a joy ride.

oliviaand responded:
hear you on the high hot temperatures. I live in the western tip of Texas (El Paso TX to be exact) and we have been having temperatures in the 100s, though i am used to it because I was born and I have lived here all my life. But, being pregnant has made the heat unbearable. Sometimes I feel like I am in the sauna. It is hot but I know that when it is hot and humid, it really sucks. The humidity is not as bad here as it is in other places. I have a huge fan in my room as well the a/c on pretty much all day. Sometimes it is so hot that I have another little fan going on as well. Shoot, even the cold water comes out warm here. It is horrible because one thing I am experiencing right now which I don't like is horrible itching all over my body. I try to drink as much water as I can. My mom got mad at me because I would walk in the heat at around 6:15 pm and it was still around 100 degrees.

The thing we are used to is hot weather. More than a year ago our city had a freeze where it snowed and the temperatures were very very low, like in the single digits and teens. Now, we weren't used to that. I am sure those of you who live in the part of the US where you get lots of snow you are used to that kind of weather.

Stay safe and cool this summer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Due September 29th with our first child.

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.