Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Traveling while pregnant
Moraruben posted:
Hello and thank you for any information you guys may provide. We are currently pregnant with our second child and are in the 18 week of pregnancy. We have a trip coming up in about three weeks which requires a four hour flight. In the last couple of weeks my wife has experience some cramping/contractions. They have recently decrease maybe having one a day sometimes none. Do you guys know if it's save to travel, we have asked our doctor and wanted a second opinion. Thank you so much for any help we can get.

thebirdisblue87 responded:
I of course am no expert but my husband and I went on a trip about a month ago and everything was fine. I was about 16 weeks at that time. I have had a little cramping as well throughout my pregnancy but nothing intense. My doctor told me as long as the cramps are not severe than they are normal just because of the body strechting and preparing for birth. Listen to your doctor but I would say everything would be fine until she is farther along. I will not travel once I am in my 3rd trimester just for the fact I would not want to be gone and go into labor early.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there!

Here's a great article with lots of information about travel and pregnancy:

Travel During Pregnancy

You'll be happy to see this paragraph: When you're pregnant, the safest time to travel is during your second trimester (18 to 24 weeks), when your risks for miscarriage and preterm labor are lowest.

Have a safe trip and congrats!

Haylen

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Natalie and I'm 32yrs old. I've been married to my DH for 9 years and we have an adorable little girl who will turn 4 in May. W...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.