Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Cramping?
phillipsnic posted:
Hi,
This is my first prenancy and I am so out of the loop with everything. I'm just over 14 weeks, so now I'm having all sorts of new symptoms.
I have heard of round ligament pains and I think I know what that is supposed to feel like. But I am also having a sort of pain that is somewhat hard to describe. My tummy constantly feels like I have just done 100 sit-ups in a row. I'm not sure if that is normal or not? I have an appointment next Monday with my doctor and plan to ask her about it, but wondered if anyone else had any ideas in the mean time??
THANKS!

thebirdisblue87 responded:
Hello and congratulations on you pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy as well (besides a m/c at 4 weeks) so I am no expert but I am at 21 weeks and I have had braxton hicks and that makes your tummy feel hard. Braxton hicks should only last a few minutes though not constantly. I know earlier in my pregnancy I had mild cramping, like period cramps but they came and went. It might just be your stomach stretching because I did have pain around that time but you should definitely ask your doctor about it. You could even call the office to see if it is something you need to be sooner about. Good luck and I hope things get better for you.

korin81 responded:
I second the BH. It is def something good to bring up to your doc though. This is my third pregnancy and I get BH earlier each time. This time around I started getting them at 16 weeks. I have read of people getting them as early as 14 weeks though. Just keep an eye on them, make sure you are drinking lots of water because a lot of the time you get them early due to dehydration. Drink water and lay down for a bit. If you get more than 4 an hour then you may want to call your doc or head to the ER just to be sure. Hope this helps and Congrats on your pregnancy!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

phillipsnic responded:
Thanks for the 2 comments! That is helpful. I wondered if maybe it had something to do with stretching. It has gone away now and only comes and goes every now and then. Definitely still going to bring it up with my doctor!
THANK YOU!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 26 and am expecting my first child! Sooo excited. This is all new for me and hubby. He was told that he could never have children. So we are lovi...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.