Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Braxton Hicks?
beckie_33 posted:
I've been having tightness in my abdomen and stomach that has been pretty uncomfortable. Sometimes my stomach is so tight that I can't wear pants/shorts unless they are extremely stretchy and roomy. My doctor says they are Braxton Hicks contractions. Is there anything I can do to help so it's not so uncomfortable?

korin81 responded:
Stay as hydrated as possible. It won't get rid of all of them because they are practice contractions but keeping hydrated with keep some at bay. This is my third pregnancy and I have been getting them since 18 weeks now. I get them multiple times a day now and yes they can take your breath away and can be very uncomfortable. If you keep getting them, drink some water and lay down to rest. If you still get them and it's to the point where your getting more than 4 an hour then you need to call your doc. Some women are more prone to them though, just depends on your body.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(3), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

beckie_33 replied to korin81's response:
Thanks. I've just started to get Braxton Hicks contractions. I didn't know what it was at first until my doctor told me. The joys of a first time pregnancy.

I've been trying to drink plenty of water everyday. Sometimes it feels like it just goes straight through me. My boyfriend now asks me if I need to use the bathroom everytime we pass one in a store or enter a store. 99% of the time the answer is a yes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a SAHM/In-home daycare provider. It's going to be a crazy summer! I will have a 6 month old, three boys all 2 years old, a 6 year old, and a ...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.