Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Severe Morning Sickness
LuvleeShoes posted:
I am about 16 weeks pregnant and still have severe morning sickness all day and night. I have tried everything including medications and nothing seems to help! I don't know what else to do. Please help!!

beckie_33 responded:
Lurking from 3rd tri.

I had morning sickness well into my second trimester. I found out that it was caused by the prenatals I was taking. Once I stopped taking them I started feeling much better. Try taking different prenatals and see if that helps, possibly one with less iron.

For me I found out that I couldn't take any kind of prenatal because they all made me sick. I started taking a regular multi-vitamin and added extra vitamins that my doctor recommended. Talk to your doctor and see what he/she would recommend for you.

reb_hun replied to beckie_33's response:
lurking from first tri... only for a couple more days... but if you want you can take flintstones vitamins with iron. that's what i take and they say just to take two and it's just fine...

mendezwife responded:
I can understand your pain, I too have suffered from morning sickness with my last pregancies, I am 16 wks with my lil baby now & this is the 1st preg that Im not sick!
Yes I agree that the prenatals mite not be agreeing with you, so consider another brand, talk to your doc.
What always worked for me was eating saltines, fruit, orange juic or a light juice. Eating fresh really helps, not heavy stuff or fried stuff. Dried fruit worked too, freeze fruit too, that helps.
Hope it passes soon! It should!

LuvleeShoes replied to beckie_33's response:
Thanks to all! I haven't been taking the prenatals because they make me feel worse. I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to help! I have run out of things that I can eat and am tired all the time. I have no energy to do anything. I am into my 2nd trimester now and still feel sick!

beckie_33 replied to LuvleeShoes's response:
Make sure you are eating something every couple of hours. Don't let your stomach get empty because that can make it worse. Try some crackers and sprite. I would sip ginger ale and that would help me. Ginger helps to settle a sour stomach.

Talk to your doctor because he/she may be able to give you something for the nausea.

Hope you feel better soon.

BeautifullyBlessed replied to LuvleeShoes's response:
Did you try the sea bands? Lemonade? Preggie Pops?

mendezwife replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
I would also try the Flintstone vit. Ive heard of women taking them bc they do have a lot in them & they can provide the vit you need. Yes dont let your belly go longer than 2 hrs empty. I am always popping something, healthy, in my mouth. Fruit does wonders! Crackers, but I know they get old! Anything fresh is good. hope you feel better!

kj121 responded:
I'm 21 weeks and still get severe morning sickness. My dr gave me Zofran and told me to quit taking the prenatal vitamins. She said that the prenatals can make you sick. So between the 2, I'm doing pretty good, but still get sick in the mornings.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Due September 29th with our first child.

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.