Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Pregnancy and vit D deficiency.
iaemsangel posted:
My daughter is in her 2nd trimester of her pregnancy, and her vit. D is so low that the doc. has her on a very high vitamin D suppliment. Does anyone know what this can do when your pregnant? I'm concerned for her and the baby. She mention something about preeclampsia. But I cannot find anything connect the two. With such a deficiency, what could this mean?

An_242764 responded:
How much sun is she getting and is she getting enough calcium? Calcium helps the body absorb vitamin D and the best source of vitamin D is from the sun. Just be sure that if your daughter is going to be spending time out in the sun that she uses sunscreen.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 years old. DH is 31. We have been together for 6 years and married for 4-1/2 years. We struggled with conceiving our daughter. We are now expe...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.