Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Getting a bit worried (APO PAL) poss trigs?
Laur1981 posted:
Alright. I am 20w as of friday (so its 20w4d) and have not felt baby move. At all. This is the 3rd pregnancy I have carried this far and have another sono appointment on Friday. That's the fifth sono. Baby was somewhat inactive last time and I am heavy so I know that has an effect on how much/little I feel him/her move. I can't help but freak out though. And I KNOW that most ladies dont feel their baby until about now anyway... but... nothing. No flutters. No "feels like gas but could be baby..." I know what I am feeling for. Tried juice test but no luck. Ugh. Dont want to call doc if it's just me freaking out... but dont want to wonder either...

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Hello!

Try not to freak out...not everybody feels movement/kicking at exactly 20 weeks. Even some smaller framed women don't start feeling that until about 22 weeks.

If you were 30 weeks and still didn't feel anything, then you can worry. Try to relax...your beautiful baby will be kicking you in no time.

I know you're anxious...I understand because I am too. I'm only 17 weeks as of tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT to feel my LO kick me.

Laur1981 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
lol i know I am worrying for probably no reason. Coming up on 21 weeks and still nothing lol. i have a home heart beat thing but I can NEVER find a heart beat on it so I gave up. I have an ultrasound on friday... so...just waiting.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Due September 29th with our first child.

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.