Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
scared grandma
gopnelle posted:
My daughter just came home from the doctor in tears. The babies heart rate is 164, but she has lost 10 lbs. She is in her 14th week and now terrified. She is down to 117 from 127. They put her on 2 week appointments and are stating that if she loses any more weight that they will have to "force" feed her. She has always had problems keeping on weight. When she was little they had to force feed her so they could remove tonsils. Is her baby in danger or are they using scare tactics?

Taylove11 responded:
I am so sorry to hear that. Is your daughter having morning sickness, nausea, food aversions? Is she just not eating? Or is she eating regularly?

It's not a good thing for a woman to lose weight while pregnant, but it does happen. Especially in cases of extreme morning sickness. If she is sick, her doctor should be able to prescribe her something to help. The biggest concern is dehydration and the baby not getting nutrients. Is she taking a prenatal vitamin? It sounds like the baby is doing okay.

They may be using scare tactics, but if you're both concerned, it may be worth seeking a second opinion. I lost 12 pounds in my first trimester and have now gained 16 pounds. I'm at 27 weeks. Best of luck!
Me (24), DH (31), DD (2) Expecting again! EDD 12/7/12. Blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Natalie and I'm 32yrs old. I've been married to my DH for 9 years and we have an adorable little girl who will turn 4 in May. W...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful