Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
IC and at risk for preterm labor any suggestions or those who can relate?
missmetalovee posted:
've felt scared and alone now for awhile, thinking why it is i could possibly have a short cervix and what i could do to stop it, i am now 24 weeks and my cervix is measuring at 1.9 now starting out almost a week ago at 2.5 then two prior i was at 2.7.. i've been on strict bed rest and am at risk for preterm labor which is scary! this is my first pregnancy so i didn't know what to expect.. but believe it or not bedrest does help! ( it's kept me from being admitted to the hospital thank god!) even though it feels kinda crappy to feel so dependent on someone else, it's better to be safe than sorry i know! i just don't understand why i would have to be put on bed rest at the hospital if i can be on bed rest at home... the babys head is pushing on my cervix, so i'm hoping bedrest is still going to be beneficial so i can atleast make it to 30 weeks.. i go back in 2 weeks to get checked and am hoping i don't get admitted to stay in the hospital.. last appointment a week ago i was in triage so it was kinda scary to think i could possibly give birth this early! any kind words, suggestions, or just someone who could relate to my situation would be a big help as support!

Laur1981 responded:
I can't relate, and I am sorry you are going through this. I do know however that at home, women are more likely to modify their bedrest... things need to get done at home! we dont realize that it will have to all wait and let someone else do it. In the hospital, youre more likely to have no other option but to stay in bed. not saying thats happening to you but it does happen. Also! a bit of good news.. you are 24 weeks now, which means if the baby IS born, it is viable at this point in a pregnancy. While it is not an ideal environment for babies to be born into... it IS medically able to help baby survive at 24 weeks gestation. My best friends baby was born at 24w 3 days and is now a happy healthy 3 year old! Hope that eases your mind...

reb_hun replied to Laur1981's response:
also if it helps any, i was born at 24 weeks gestation and i'm still here and that's saying something, that was over 20 years ago you just have to remember to relax and take it easy and tell your baby every day that you love them and that they need to stay and bake longer!!! good luck momma and keep us updated!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a proud mother of two beautiful boys, 3 and 4, and another little boy on the way in October. I currently work full time (nights....uggghhh) as a ...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.