Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
weight loss good or bad?
s2bmama posted:
ok everyone i need help bad lol im 17wks an5 days and since i have ound out that im pregnant bout the sixth week in i have been steadily losing weight i eat and eat and i dont seem to gain any of wht i eat and its starting to make me down myself cause if i can take care of my baby before its born what an i gonna do after an i know its just me worrying but ive lost 15 lbs so far and im scared the baby isnt getting enough nutrients

beckie_33 responded:
Call your doctor! Some weight loss isn't bad, but if you've lost 15 lbs you better talk to your doctor.

s2bmama replied to beckie_33's response:
did and they have known about my weight loss and did nothing about it till wic got involved and since wic is concerned they are going to look into it... i already have an appointment on thurs i have an ultrasound tomorrow an im a lil freaked.. but thank you so much for your input im nervous and its good to get others out look on it

beckie_33 replied to s2bmama's response:
I'm surprised that your doctor wasn't concerned about 15 lbs of weight loss.

I'm glad WIC got involved so you can find out what is going on. You might want to change to a doctor that will take you more seriously.

s2bmama replied to beckie_33's response:
seen my doc this morning and is now putting me on a nutrional supplement like boost or ensure so i can get the nutrients i need... i gained 2 pounds since monday hopefully more but ty so much for your input

northern_girl replied to s2bmama's response:
hmm..mine wasn't concerned, yet. she wanted to go another month before she worried. i was constantly puking...that's why she wasn't concerned

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 yrs old and me and my boyfriend are exspecting our first child together. I am so ready for a baby.My EDD 03/21/2012

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.