Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Hypertension
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
Today while at work, I was rushed off to the emergency room. I got really hot, jittery and felt really faint. I tried to get up to get water, but I didn't make it far, it felt like I would go down any minute. My heart raced and it was just scary.

I'm 24 weeks. When they checked my blood pressure I was at 150/90. They gave me meds in the ambulance to bring down the blood pressure.

I asked the dr. how I can avoid my blood pressure going up so high. I'd hate to be at work and have this happen often. But he said he didn't know and that I'd have to talk to my ob/gyn.

I follow up with my dr. tomorrow morning. I'm home resting now, but I notice my heart is beating harder than normal, so that worries me a little.

How are you managing high blood pressure or how have you managed it in the past?

MrsBurt05 responded:
Hi, again BeautifullyBlessed! I can't believe how far you are now!

Hope you find things out soon! I'll be praying for you! Hope it's nothing serious!

BeautifullyBlessed replied to MrsBurt05's response:
Thank you MrsBurt05! I hope all is well with you and your family.

Everything worked out...thank God!

My blood pressure hasn't risen that high again. However, I keep getting weak after eating breakfast. I don't understand what's going on. The dr always says everything is normal and common during pregnancy.

If I keep getting weak, they will check for anemia and check my thyroid.

MrsBurt05 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Thank goodness it's not your blood pressure! That would be scary. Let's just hope it's some unpleasant normal pregnancy thing that will pass!

Everything is GREAT! Haha!

We shockingly got a BFP(after 5 months of us calling it quits on TTC) on October 21st, confirmed by a doctor on October 22nd! I'm 4 weeks 1 day today! I found out super early!

SUPER shocked and even more excited!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am an 8th grade teacher, married since July 2009 to a registered nurse and living in Boise, ID. I have two teenage boys (13, 14) from a previous mar...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.