Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Dialated kidneys 2nd trimester
Giggs posted:
My neice is pregnant, in the second trimester, and just reported the doctor saw dialated kidneys during a routine sonogram. Does anyone know what that means?

donnasamommie responded:
I had a dialated kidney with my son four years ago. It just means it is bigger than normal. I also had some aching in my back on that side. It usually is nothing to worry about, but I remember being worried because he said it could be a bigger problem. If I remember correctly, those issues are either kidney stones which is no biggie, or related to other diseases that it was very unlikely that I had. Just don't work yourself up too much. It turned out that mine was from laying on my back (sheesh) and the baby was cutting off my ureter from moving urine from my kidneys to my bladder and was backing it up and causing it to swell. I THOUGHT I had to go less at night... lol I wouldn't worry, it could be a big issue, but let doc worry about that. It's very common.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Never would I have thought that I would be a " Mommy "! I always dreamed of having kids, but I just figured when the time is right I will s...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful