Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
20 Weeks down 20 to go...dang
jhetsmom posted:
Yesterday I was an even 20 weeks. Looking back it has gone so fast. Looking forward... seems forever away. This pregnancy has been a huge source of anxiety for me. Between the loss in april and becoming pregnant just a few short months laterwas scary enough. Add in bleeding at 8 weeks from a SCH then kidney stones at 17 weeks I'm about over my limit. To top the list, braxton hicks kicked in pretty early for me and since I'm already at an increased risk for preterm labor, its everything I can do to hold myself together. Its so hard to be at the half way point looking back and looking forward. Right now I just keep focusing on the next appointment. Symptoms have subsided, short of the hiccups and really itchy skin.The plus side is energy has definitley come back to me and in the past month I have managed to clean out all the closets in our house and donate everything not being used or worn. DH is thrilled and exhausted because I always have a chore for him when he gets home, but he also admits its much better doing it in little steps rather than all at once. And heaven forbid the baby arrives early I wont be completely unprepared.
Today I put the finishing touches on my birth plan. I also condensed it down to 2 pages. Dh says I am going overboard but I feel like the reason I ended up with an emergency c-section last time was because I wasn't educated enough to be prepared. A VBAC will be worth it in the end though. Im sure of my decision. Now Im just left with final purchases, showers, and appointments.
Going for my ultrasound tomorrow. The are checking the hematoma and kidneys with all the baby measurements. Hopefully LO cooperates and we can verify he is actually a boy and that there aren't 2 in there. Im convinced with all the weird that happens to me its just bound to happen. I will post my update tomorrow after my appointment. Not that this board gets much traffic. But it helps to get things off my chest.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Julie. I'm 28, my DH Chris is 35. We have a son named Kawika, born 4/25/11, and a chihuahua named Wonton. We're expecting our seco...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.