Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Hope the ultrasound was wrong :(
jenni00 posted:
Am I a bad mom for hoping the ultrasound was wrong?My husband and I have a BEAUTIFUL SMART LOVELY little girl who is our entire world! His family is even mixed of boys and girls however my family has only had 1 boy born in almost 30 years!!! And of the people to be "the chosen" one is my sister whom lives a sinful life and I am so jealous God can bless her with a boy and not myself and husband who love eachother and want a balanced family.
We had our 19 week ultrasuond and the women was in training. Her instructor did come and briefly say yep its a girl before the tech rushed her to leave because the machine needed to be worked on. We did not see the 3 lines nor turtle because baby had their knees squeezed very tight together. I know its probably wishful thinking they are wrong but what do you think looking at the pics we got? We have state medicad and they will not being doing another ultrasound so this is it until baby is born I dont know how to add pictures help?

jenni00 responded:
I am now 25 weeks and feel sad that this is eating me up so badly. I will love this baby unconditionally no matter what but would feel like I won the lottery if they say boy! My husband or close friends and family do not know how i feel. I need to talk to someone though because I cant stop thinking about this

reb_hun replied to jenni00's response:
it's not always a bad thing, i'm preggo with my third and my first two children were girls whereas this one's a boy. maybe you're just like me and third time's a charm?!?! but if i were you i would have names picked out for both just in case, and if you get clothes make sure that they are gender neutral for the same reason. good luck! sending boy vibes (((((boy)))))

MrsBurt05 replied to jenni00's response:
Hi! Creepin' from 1st tri! It's normal to want the opposite sex of what you already have. I have 2 boys, and after my 1st, I wanted a girl the 2nd time around. But even right from the beginning I felt as if it were another boy. Now with #3, of course I want a girl, but I have it in my mind that we're going to have nothing but boys. I won't know the gender of baby for awhile yet because I'm only 10w5d. But I'm not leaning towards a gender this time. I already have 2 boys, eventually I would like to have a girl, but if it's not in my cards, I'm ok with it. Like I said, I already have it in my head we're having nothing but boys, so if we get told baby #3 is another boy, I won't be let down thinking it was a girl. I have myself believing so much that this one is another boy, that if...IF we get told it's a girl, I will be shocked and I have no idea how I will react.

If you aren't done with your family after this baby, and if it is another girl, I would recommend getting a book on the Shettles method for your next LO. I read it and we practiced it to try for a girl, but the funny thing with this baby is, is that we stopped trying and stopped tracking my cycles to have a break, and I ended up pregnant, so I can't even try and "predict" the gender by going on when we conceived and my ovulation date. Lol

Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 35 and after a 12 year lapse I am having another child!!! Found out yesterday it is going to be a little girl, which makes the 12 year old very h...More

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.