Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Fundal height is measuring 6 weeks ahead.
MrsBurt05 posted:
I am now 19w6d. At 19w2d I had an appointment and she measured my fundal height at 25 weeks!!! This has NEVER happened to me before. She measured a few times to make sure it wasn't a mistake and, yup. I'm measuring 6 weeks ahead! I had a dating ultrasound at 9w6d and baby was measuring spot on. At 12w3d I had an NT scan, and baby was measuring 3 days ahead, but they said that's normal. If it was by 7 or more days, they'd change the due date. At my 16w appointment, she didn't measure fundal height. She said they normally don't measure fundal height until you're about 18-20 weeks.

She said it could be a number of things. 1-This is my 3rd pregnancy, and a lot of women tend to get bigger sooner after each baby. 2-Baby could have had a growth spurt. Not enough to measure a whole 6 weeks ahead, but it could contribute a little bit. 3-Baby is WAY high. She could feel baby right at the top of my uterus, and that was where LO's HB was.

She wasn't too worried, though. I have the anatomy scan tomorrow, so she marked in my records that I was measuring ahead and to make sure to check that out at the ultrasound too. She didn't seem too worried about it. They won't be changing my due date, even if baby is measuring bigger, because the most accurate dating was done at 9w6d. If baby is really big, I'll just have to be going in frequently for ultrasounds to track baby's growth and just take it ultrasound by ultrasound. We'll see how everything is tomorrow at the ultrasound!

Measuring at 25 weeks explains a lot, though. My belly has shifted dramatically since 17 weeks and this week I noticed I get out of breath easier.

Anyone else gone through this?
DS-11/22/05 DS-11/19/07 BFP-10/21/12-DUE JULY 2ND 2013!! Think pink! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Julie. I'm 28, my DH Chris is 35. We have a son named Kawika, born 4/25/11, and a chihuahua named Wonton. We're expecting our seco...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.