Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
stomach tighting
An_250384 posted:
im 28 weeks & 5 days ; my stomach keep getting really tight at the front and while its happeing my baby moves a lot.. it will do this every 5 minutes.. i dont know what it is.. this is my first pregnancy

MrsBurt05 responded:
Those, my dear, sound like Braxton Hicks. I had them every day from 20 weeks on with my 1st 2, and I've had them often since 14 weeks with this one. The reason baby moves a lot is because baby is getting a little hug from your uterus. They're normal and actually start happening between 6-8 weeks of pregnancy. It's just you can't feel them yet. If you have any pain or spotting/bleeding with them, call your doctor. If they are pretty frequent and bother you, sit/lay down, relax, and drink lots of water.
DS-11/22/05 DS-11/19/07 BFP-10/21/12-DUE JULY 2ND 2013!! Think pink! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Randi, and I have been married to my college sweetheart since Nov 2004. I have PCOS. We welcomed our son in January 2005. My son kicked som...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.