Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Bleeding after sex/orgasm?
wixsonpreggie posted:
im 15 weeks and 5 days. this morning me and my husband had sex and i got up to pee and wiped and had red blood and brownish blood, but didn't have any blood other than that come out. I went to the emergency room and they said everything was fine and had a healthy active baby boy!! On my ultra sound he was kicking an punching and bouncing like crazy. I'm taking it easy on bed rest and not having sex or masterbating for at least a moth just to be safe though, and I'm calling my doctors tomorrow to see if I can come in on Monday anyway though because I'm still a little nervous. Anyone else have the same thing happen?

ShaylaCG responded:
did they check the placenta? this happened to me, and i had placenta previa. the bleeding came first, then, a day or two later, pain and pressure down there. i'm glad the baby is healthy!!

wanderson2012 responded:
Yes, this has happened to me a few times so far with this pregnancy! My Dr explained to me that it's due to the cervix being so much more sensitive during pregnancy, and sex can irritate it, causing light spotting/bleeding. It doesn't mean anything's wrong, but I understand the concern! I've had it 3-4x so far and each time it scared me to death! Glad to hear you're having a healthy baby BOY- that's awesome! Congrats!

Spotlight: Member Stories

me...i'm 45 and this is my 3rd, son is 20 daughter 11 and due 2/2/12

Helpful Tips

I need your tips...
Now that you have had twelve or so days to get to know the new exchanges-let me know what else we can do to help make them better. We ... More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.