Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Csection vs natural!?
MrsOwens88 posted:
I am the mother of 1 daughter and 2 sons.... we are expecting our 4th and final child in Nov! My two oldest, that are 19 and 16... was born completely natural, no drugs, no epidural... nothing! Well I was only 17 when my first was born so the experience that I had with my first two, doesn't seem all that bad, that I can remember! My 3rd child is a completely different story! lol He is 5 years old, and I had him natural but I got an epidural... everything was fine until they gave me pitocin to help my contractions get stronger, and that somehow blocked my epidural and this was the worst experience that I have ever had, giving birth.... which makes me now terrified of labor and I am really wanting a csection! I know the pain is horrible after, but this is my last child, I want to have my tubes tied, during my csection... but most of all, I would love to enjoy the experience of actually bringing my baby into this world... I can deal with the pain after! I don't want to go thru the horrid labor, get an epidural and take a chance that it doesn't work like last time!! Has anyone else asked their Doctor to do a csection and tubal at the same time? I know it's been done, I've researched it, but I guess it's up to the doctor?! I really have my mind set that this is what I want!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.