Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
round ligament, braxton hicks, or something serious?!?!?!
nreyn3 posted:
Im 21 weeks, baby's measuring 5 days ahead of me and I have been having dull pains on the left side of my lower abdomen. It has been going on for about 3 hours now. If I cough, sneeze and what not it intensifies for a couple seconds, but the dull ache is sticking around. The baby is still moving around like normal (i have limited feeling because my placenta attatched to the front of my uterus), but I felt her within the last 10 minutes. Could this just be the stretching of my round ligament still? I did read braxton hicks can start as early as the second trimester. Should I call my doctors office, go to the er or what?! This is my first baby so I might be overreacting... any input would be appreciated!!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Did you end up going to the Dr? It sounds like your belly could be stretch a bit. Baby could also be hitting a nerve in the area as well. When you cough or sneeze it intensifies it you said which is likely your round ligament. I get that and it can bring you to your knees sometimes. Hopefully it got better for you.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Son born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/09/14

nreyn3 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I ended up not going to the doctor until my regular appoitment. He said it was probably a mix of round ligament and stretching. Baby is doing wonderfully, so no worries! Scared me a bit, but i guess thatll happen with the "first" I have also been having some braxton hicks now as well and those are just a little strange but surprisingly painless! thanks for commenting!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a navy wife who just moved from South Carolina to San Diego, CA. This is my first pregnancy and my amazing husband and I are very excited to a...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful