Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
work.
rfarris posted:
I'm 16 weeks 2 days pregnant and things have only gotten worse from my first trimester. My first was a breeze. A little nauseas and tired, but that's about it. But this second trimester, i've had horrible throbbing headaches daily, i'm so tired all the time that it's so hard for me to keep working a full time job. My mind has such a hard time focusing on anything, and at least one day a week i just feel SO sick. Like i have the flu. I'll even get a low grade fever (about 99.5). And then the next day that goes away and i just have the headache,lack of energy, and inability to focus. I could sleep all day long. I'm just struggling with figuring out what to do about work. I want to push through it because i don't want to be the guy who quits when i'm only this far along, but it is so hard for me to do. I am so stressed and emotional about it. Any advice?

hgreenwood7058 responded:
Check with your dr about the headaches and the extreme fatigue. Could be something like anemia causing it. Or lack of a vitamin. Could be hormonal but may be able to give you some advice on how to take care of it while pregnant. Also make sure you are getting plenty of fluids because dehydration makes everything worse. It can make you feel tired and weak and you can get a headache from it and lack of focus. I had that a lot in 1st tri and so far part of this one too where I have to drink a lot (I drink a fair amount but I had to nearly double my fluid intake) They also said I may be a little low on electrolytes so I could try drinking a powerade or two a day and increase my potassium rich foods. My increasing the fluid intake and potassium intake it did help. I always know when I haven't drank enough because I begin to feel weak and very tired and can't concentrate. I would take with your dr though and see if they have any advice. best wishes
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Son born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/09/14

courtneykipp responded:
I would check with your doctor too. I had a headache for a few days. Mine was caused by my neck being stiff, so I went to the chiropractor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Dawn. I am 24 years old, and my husband and I are expecting our first child in June 2010. I am excited and nervous all at the same time! ho...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful