Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Tigheting and balling in the stomach
apryl82 posted:
I am in my last trimester with my first child and I have been feeling a tightening and balling in my stomach it happens quite often so i am now feeling concerned. Dr. told me that they were contractions but how could that be please someone help.

thank you

hgreenwood7058 responded:
They are called braxton hicks contractions. So practice cotnractions in a sense that don't do anything to the cervix. They are generally painless but just cause a tightness feeling and can make your belly hard. You can walk around and drink fluid and sometimes they will lessen. However, usually the recommendation even if they are believed to be braxton hicks is that if there are more than 4 in one hour you should be monitored just to make sure its nothing more. So next time they are happening be sure to time them. If there is no real pattern then you are pretty safe. If there is a pattern and more than 4 in an hour then go get checked for piece of mind. Braxton hicks are pretty common and doesn't hurt anything. Just body preparing itself and practicing for the real thing.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Son born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/09/14

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kailah (27) DH (28) m/c twins 5/06 @10w PAL DD Mika 8/7/07 DS Urijah 10/31/08 BFP!! #3 EDD 8/5/10 www.zarikailah.blogspot.com Passions include VBA...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful