Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
measuring big any thoughts?
jessi2056 posted:
I went to the doc. Last week at 20 weeks 5 days! I am measuring at 28 weeks pregnant! I know my EDD is right b/c we got pregnant on clomid! Any thoughts? Just curious what everyone thinks! We had an u/s and we are having a BOY and he was measuring only a week ahead! At 20 weeks he was measuring at 12oz.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mommyin2011 responded:
am measuring 5 days bigger. u will probably just had a bigger baby. they upped my due date from 2/3/14 to 1/29/14.

Im having a boy too!! this is my 3rd i will have 2 boys and 1 girl
Me (31) DH (32) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12 - 3rd baby due 2/3/14; BLUE TEAM!!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It could be extra fluid if you are measuring super big. They will probably want to keep a closer eye on you. A friend of mine on the PAL group started out with just a week bigger and then two weeks later she was measuring several weeks bigger. Do the doctors seem concerned. A little over 7 weeks difference is quite a lot. I have not been measured yet. I go in tomorrow and they will schedule my anatomy scan for next week. We have a 19 mo old son and hubby wants a girl esp since its our last one. I am okay with either as long as its only one of those parts. Can't wait to find out though. I am a planner and I need to know if I can go get pink frilly things or reorganize since i kept almost all of my sons smaller clothes.
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Son born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/09/14

jessi2056 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
I hear you! DD just turned one Nov. 3rd. And this will be our last baby as well! They will be 16 month apart in age! Since we are having a boy that makes me feel better about getting fixed and our decision on only to have two babies! The doctor said she was going to be keeping a close eye on me since w/ DD I got real bad preeclamsia! Not to mention baby should only be just above my belly button now and he is kicking me in my ribs already! He could be long and stretched out! There could be extra fluid but doctor said she thinks it's all baby! I think next apt. They might just give me another u/s to be safe! I'm hoping this little guy is just sitting high! I carried DD much lower!

Good luck on your ultrasound! I hope you get your little girl they are a blast! let me know how it goes!

hgreenwood7058 replied to jessi2056's response:
I get to find out tomorrow eek. lol We are the opposits. I carried my son low but he was long (even suprised the doctors when they took him out. They were expecting a 6lb baby because I was almost 3 weeks early. Nope 7lb5oz and 21inches long. If they would have gone by my o date and not my lmp date I would have actually been 36w4d. This one they are going off my o date since I knew it would be off and my first u/s confirmed that as well. So I am curious what it will be like this time). When I very first felt him move I was 21.5 weeks along and he kicked me up by my ribs. I felt it on the outside and so I knew I wasn't crazy because he did it several times haha. He had been head down since my anatomy scan at 19w1d. I will be 18w6d this time so it will only be two days difference. Can't wait to compare. My integrated screen at 12w2d with this one and 12w3d with my son looked totally different so i am curious if its more of my genes this time or if we will get our one of each. Husband said he would get fixed lol. Boys are fun. Crazy but fun lol. Yours may be more laid back and cuddly with being the second though. My son is a wild thing lol. And not really cuddly. Other than at night when trying to get him to sleep sometimes he cuddles (more like one arm on me till he falls asleep lol). I had mild pre e with my son as well. As well as other comlpications so they will be watching me semi close as well. When is your due date?
Heather(26),DH Lee(27). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Son born 3/31/12. BFP 7/28/13 EDD 4/09/14

I am due March 15! They induced me with DD at 36 weeks and 3 days but we didn't deliver her till 36 weeks 4 days and she was 6lbs.2oz. And 19 and a quarter in. Long! So still a pretty nice size baby for so early! But she had breathig difficulties and stayed in the NICU for a week! When we finally got to take her home from the hospital we couldnt b/c then I had to get put back in the hospital, my pre-e got worse! That makes me glad to know that your DS was so high when you felt him kick as well! Hoping for a long baby! Maybe a basketball star! oh and DD doesn't even take her hand off me when she sleeps! She will not sleep unless she is right next to me!

Good luck today! I'm excited for you!

Sometimes I can sneak away from my son. Its getting a little painful to sleep on the floor with him. Too hard to sleep in his little toddler bed. I tried last night. DIdn't work to well lol. It was a rough night for the both of us last night. I was due with my son April 17th and had him March 31st. Labor started March 29th though. This time I have a new ob. Still no guarantees she will deliver me because itsa group practice but I have worked with all of them (job wise) and went through most of them during my labor and hospital stay lol. I was in the hospital for 6 days. She is a little more likely due to a csection. But if I go into labor on my own and she is on call I am not sure if she or the oncall will delivery me. I am not overly concerned though. They thought I may have had pp eclampsia because I continued to swell worse and had protein in my urine (I ended up in the er because on of my rings that was 1.5 sizes big wouldn't come off. I was so swollen that I blistered underneat the ring. So they tested me further). They said its uncommon but can happen. I had mild pre-e with him. He didn't have to stay in the nicu at all. He just had to be under the light a couple of days due to jaundice but thats it. Hoping for less complications this time around. For me my worst part was not that I had to have a csection after so long. I knew going in that it was possible (even though the ob didn't think it would be necessary, my mom had to have 3 so i prepared just in case). It was that after all that because me and my son did so poorly they had to put me completely under. So I didn't get to hear the first cry or anything and my husband couldn't be in there with me. I didn't get to see him till he was about 11 hours old. This time they shouldn't have to knock me out so thats a plus. But yes sounds like your little one could be a basket ball star for sure

Well I took DD in for her year apt. And he is also my family doctor! He said that with second babies and having them so close together my uterus is already streched from DD that I would show a lot sooner and my uterus would get a lot bigger the second time around! Which made sence now I'm not too worried! And yay for a GIRL! They are so amazing I'm glad you get to experience one! Congrats!

I am super excited. I have always wanted a daughter. Well one of each really but I was trying not to get my hopes up since there are so many boys on my husbands side, even though this pregnancy was total opposite of my sons. Even down to the u/s I had at 12w2d with this one and 12w3d with carson. They looked completely different. But didn't want to get too excited because I knew it could just be genes. So everyone was happy and excited. And they have such cute girl things. And yeh you do show sooner with the 2nd. I did but am carrying higher. Dr didn't measure me last friday. She pulled out the measurer but felt instead lol. She was trying to get the baby to move because she was hiding behind my belly button and since I hadn't really felt any movement she wanted to try. I told her I was pretty sure I had an anterior placenta so I wasn't suprised about not feeling anything. She agreed after baby wouldn't budge. And u/s confirmed it. This time its not lowlying like it was with carson. I started feeling movement sat in the middle of the night (wasn't sure if I was dreaming haha. happened sunday too), then monday my belly was against the desk at work and I felt about 4-5 thumps so I knew. I have felt intermittent since then. So yay for that. But explains why I felt it sooner this time too.My fluid was normal and all that. Baby was measuring right on target except her belly is big. Her belly is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead of the rest of her. But all the anatomy in there looked good the tech said. She is estimated at 11oz (carson was at about 9oz). She kept saying how pretty the heart was too. They will prob just keep an eye on you and see if you start measuring bigger or stay the same. Hope DD appt went well!

hgreenwood7058 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Looks like I will get one more peek at little miss in about 5 weeks (6 weeks from anatomy scan). Babys anatomy looked great except her belly measures almost 2 weeks ahead of the rest of her so they want to double check growth 6 weeks from the original scan. She said she wasn't really concerned it was likely just big belly and maybe slight error on tech (not so sure about that since she took her time and measured several times to be sure) but still rather play it safe. So I will get another check and double check to make sure she is still a girl. Hope all is well with you.

Everything is great here! Last night I had a little bit of swelling going on in my legs and feet but I urinated a lot through out the night and this morning it was all gone! I'm thinking its b/c I was on my feet a lot this weekend and holding DD a lot as well! Her shots went well but we have to go back next month for the other half of her flu shot! Next week I have my glucose test and get to see the doctor! We'll find out how things are progressing this this giant baby lol!

I hope that doesn't mean anything serious with baby's belly measuring big! Hopefully measurment was off or she just had gas lol! Hope your doing well!

Fun times with the other shot its always nice when its only one though and its only a half. My son got his like that last year. I stood him up right after it happened and he wined only for like a second and was done. Boo for swelling. Could be from the carrying your DD and on feet a lot. And if you were retaining excess water. Sounds like you peed it out anyway . Dr thinks its likely just a big belly vs small everything else. Esp given everything else looked great (and also lines up with my edd with the exception of the belly). I don't think the tech was off so much though. She was very thorough and took a lot of pictures of everything and measured belly several times. At one point measured like 22 weeks (I was 18w6d at the time). And the lowest measurement she got was 20w5d or something like that. And she pointed out all her organs and everything saying how good they looked. Its more so just to be safe which I appreciate. And we get to double check she is still a girl right before christmas so thats a plus. I will go in for the GD test that week as well. At least its the week before christmas and not the week after. i may be in trouble haha.Otherwise doing okay. Hopefully all will go well with your testing.

hgreenwood7058 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Good luck at your doctors appointment!

lanalanning responded:
I am having a boy 2. I am due April 12th. I went to the dr last week 2 and I was 20 weeks and 3 days and my baby weighed 15 oz. So I am not sure if the EDD is wrong or what?

hgreenwood7058 replied to lanalanning's response:
Not necessarily. Was your babies legs and other body parts measuring large or fluid? I am due april 9th with a girl. I was 18w6d at my anatomy scan and she weighed about 11 oz. So she was prob close to the same as what you were last week. My EDD is based off of u/s as well as ovulation and not by my lmp because they differed so much (I have PCOS so I have very irregular cycles so I track them and knew this was the case). Unless your dr is concerned I would not be concerned Lana

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am the mother to one amazing little boy born on October 14, 2009. He is the light of my life! My DB and I just found out our second LO is on the way...More

Helpful Tips

tilted uterus
have had this with all 3 of my pregnancies it usually goes away but for me it continues through out my whole pregnancy. I am also 4 months ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.