Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Took the drano test
BabyOops09 posted:
Lol, we had a Drano party last night. Mine stayed a very pretty blue so it says that I am having a boy. My family swears by it. It has never been wrong before I guess we will see next month sometime

Anyone else ever done this or know anyone who has? What were the results? Were they accurate?

I REALLY hope it is right!!

graciesmommy1 responded:
I have never heard of this how do you do it??

BabyOops09 responded:
You mix equal parts drano with your urine. If it turns and orangy brown its a girl. If it turns blue its a boy. If you decide to do this test PLEASE have someone else mix them for you. The fumes are very strong and don't need to be inhaled. You pour the drano in a glass first and the urine on top of it. But make sure you can throw the container away after OH!! And it has to be the original crystal kitchen drano. Not the liquid kind!

amandaduke responded:
lurking,

How far along do you have to be or does it matter??? i really want to try it and if i do i will let you know

BabyOops09 responded:
It has to be done AFTER 12 weeks. I am 13 weeks and some days so......Good luck and please let me know!!

amandaduke responded:
am 12 weeks and a few days according to lmp so i might be trying this tomorrow even the DH thinks i am crazy for wanting to do it plus i wont have an US for 8 weeks

BabyOops09 responded:
Good luck! But like I said PLEASE have someone else mix them ladies. It will smoke alot so be sure to do it outside and stay a good ways back.

MrsRayOfSunshine replied to BabyOops09's response:
Actually its brown/boy and green/girl. Its been right for 4 of mine and friends pregnancies. Im on my 3rd child and hoping for a boy. drano says so...only time will tell.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - my name is Toni - I am 35 and pregnant for the first time with twin girls. My husband Bill and I have been married since 2007 and are so...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.