Skip to content

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
Cookie Dough Blizzard???
asimpso82 posted:
So i was just wondering if anyone has asked an OB if its ok to eat something like a cooke dough blizzard from dairy queen? I'm craving one but will get something else of the like if its a no. There isn't much dough in it at all. Any thoughts?

jturns responded:
From what I heard, cookie dough is uncooked and not very good for the baby. I wouldn't eat it until I talked to my ob/gyn just in case so you and the LO can stay safe!! Jennifer (36) DH (39) DS 2 Shawn (12) Kirk (7), baby #3 Green Team hoping to go Pink, ETA 9-21-2009. God is good, all of the time!!

lprice76 responded:
i heard anything made with raw eggs (cookie dough, cake batter) is not a good idea...but I'd ask or you could look up the ingredients online and see if the cookie dough is made with raw eggs.

onyx15 responded:
omg why oh why did you post this?! now I WANT SOME toooo!!!! I thought the cookie dough they put in ice cream is safe??? just an assumption. if they sell it in stores, i can't imagine they would get away with it unless it was safe to eat. i think only the raw stuff (where you add the eggs in the mix yourself) is unsafe. I just had some cookie dough ice cream the other day. LO loves all things sweet.

mlmynm81 responded:
Isnt that stuff made from soft serve ice cream? I heard that soft serve is bad due to listeria? Let me know cause if not, im sooo going to get something from there hahaha

FloralMom responded:
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that the cookie dough ice cream and such uses pasturized egg product, so it should be okay... I'd still check with the OB though!

asimpso82 responded:
never heard of listeria in ice cream. i'm just worried about the ingredients in the cookie dough part. i am guilty of licking the bowl a lil after pouring the cake mix in to a pan. the cake was way better tho!!! Cherry Chip.........yum And sorry for making everyone hungry. lol :sillygrin:

li1476 responded:
The cookie dough part is okay because it is made from specially-produced cookie dough that's pasteurized. I read that on the FDA's web site: www.cfsan.fda.gov/~pregnant/safedai.html You do have to worry about soft-serve ice cream and frozen yogurt machines. They can contain bacteria, like listeria, because ice cream gets trapped in tiny crevices in the machine itself and can grow bacteria over time.

MommaLori1981 responded:
I don't have any wisdom with whether or not they're ok to eat, but I ate several with my first pregnancy, and they were yummy!! And my DD is perfectly fine! :cool:

jbish responded:
I eat them all the time. Try not to look into things too much. If it were completely unsafe your OB would tell you after your blood pregnancy test came back positive to be sure not to eat cookie dough or soft serve ice cream.

asimpso82 responded:
I got a Caramel Moolate with decaf instead......still yummy. Every place I go that sells soft serve, I know someone who works there and I texted all those people and asked how often they clean thier ice cream machines. I worked at McD's in high school and they were cleaned every night.

BabyMakes_4 responded:
Yes, the cookie dough in the ice cream is not made from raw eggs, so its completely safe. Soft serve ice cream machines can build up bacteria and Listeria if not cleaned properly. If I walk into a place and the floors look like they haven't been cleaned in a week, or the counters are all sticky and the machines aren't nice and shiny, I don't eat the soft serve there. Look at their scores from the health department also. There is no reason to give up soft serve ice cream if the place actually cleans their equipment. They are supposed to take the machine appart and soak the pieces in a solution to disinfect them. This is why you can't get shakes or ice cream from places like Burger King and Mc Donald's after a certain time at night, they take their machines appart for cleaning. Yeah, shake machines can carry Listeria too!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I my name is Courtnie I am 26 and have a husband of 3 years and a 14 month old baby boy named Hudson. I love being a mom and can't believe I am pr...More

Helpful Tips

Cord blood banking question
We are considering cord banking with this baby. We love the rep at CBR and found a coupon code 'MOOLA' that saves $250 off enrollment! What ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.