Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Find your due date buddies: February 2012, March 2012, April 2012 and May 2012.

Take a peek inside the womb to see how your baby develops from week to week.

Welcome mommies from 1st Trimester Community (BFP to 13weeks). Your final stop is the 3rd Trimester Community (28w to 40w). Yay!
cravings, boy or girl?
fatsammers posted:
I was wondering if any of you girls are having certain cravings with a boy or girl. Im hoping Im having a girl and just trying to figure out if my cravings are leaning towards me having a boy or girl. Ive been craving watermelon and pineapple and I heard those are girl cravings. Oh and pizza too.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Clover719 responded:
I'm craving pizza and saucy foods too and fruits like apples and strawberries....I'm hoping it's a girl too!

stephanieannobrien responded:
I am having a girl and I eat pizza at least 4-5 times a week.......I eat a lot of fruit and crave fruit juices..

ljggarr responded:
I'm having a girl and my cravings led me to believe I was having a boy. I crave hamburgers, mashed potatoes and watermelon

RebeccaK12177 responded:
With DS, I remember craving pizza and chocolate. With DD, lemon/lime stuff and chocolate. With Unknown #3 :), Mexican food and chocolate. Do you see a theme here? With all 3 of them, i've craved deli meat sandwiches and wine/beer. Maybe because I wasn't allowed to have that stuff.

Jle21 responded:
Lurking ~*~ I craved pizza with both pg. With DS, I had to have pizza hut pepperoni personal sized. With this babe (a girl) I have been craving Dominos personal sized BBQ chicken pizza. With this babe I crave watermelon, with DS I craved pineapple (and I HATE pineapple). The biggest difference in cravings is that I wanted more red meats with DS and more mexican foods with him. This babe is sweeter foods and more chicken.

EarthMama09 responded:
My cravings were very different for both of my pgs. With DS meat, meat, and more meat... I'm a vegetarian : ) Obviously that all went out the window with the pgs... anything savory, like mashed potatos, goat cheeses. The smell of fruit made me run for the hills, Bananas were my favorite until I was pg with DS and then I couldn't even handle walking by them in the grocery, and that continued until pg with DD. Now, with DD, all I want is fruit and fresh foods. Apples, applesauces, pears, bananas, you name it!!! Frozen grapes are my fav this week.- and raw spring rolls with chili paste. Also, for some reason I have been wanting martinis and red wine (so weird!) Good luck!!!!

johnsie4 responded:
Earthmama, we DO have a lot in common! (Remember post about feeling movement and showing early?) I'm vegetarian too! I was vegan before this pg but I have to have dairy and eggs. I don't know if I'm going to be vegan after again because I forgot how much easier and yummier it is to be ovo-lacto. I have been craving sour, sour and more SOUR! Grapefruit (not juice), lemonade, limes, virgin margaritas (I wish they weren't virgin, tequila sounds great right now) and sour starbursts. Normally I'm not a drinker but since I can't have alcohol I want it! Lol! I don't know what we're having yet... hopefully a healthy baby! Maybe we'll find out on Thursday.

peachyga responded:
I craved spicy foods and McDonald's double cheeseburgers with DS. This time around, I can't stand greasy food rather I'm craving fresh fruits & vegetables - and this LO is also a boy :eek:

cmanfore responded:
I'm having a girl and i've been craving spicy foods and peanut butter! But not together! THANKFULLY! haha.

acg_623 responded:
I find out in 3.5 weeks but I'm thinking girl. I've been craving a lot of fruity stuff, loving watermelon right now and lemon flavor. I have been craving pizza quite a bit but also chinese food oddly enough. It seems that quite a few of the pps that have cravings for fruity foods are thinking girl, so maybe that's a good sign for me!

perkygirl88 responded:
I have no idea what I'm having but your cravings sound just like mine! I can't get enough watermelon, pineapple, cucumbers and tomatoes (I hate tomatoes). Friday night I made DH drive an hour and 15 min because I wanted pizza from one particular place!! I hope those are girl cravings!!

peewee0603 responded:
I usually go by the old wives tales. If you are craving sweets than it is usually a girl. If you are craving salty foods and meats than its a boy. Myself- i just turned 13wks and always crave meat and pickles. I hope you get the girl you want.

Danielle4C responded:
if i follow that old wives tale i m having both lol. just kidding. i m having more craving for peanut butter then anything but i will take a burger over fruit any day and potato chips over chocolate all the time. and before preg. choc. was my best friend and i only wanted chips during my "pms" stage. lol. bc of my cravings, everyone is saying a boy but bc of the hb midwife is thinkin girl so who knows. we find out next week.

alini responded:
Hmm... I guess it depends on the person... I don't know my baby's gender yet... but I can tell you from past pregnancies and others... When I was pregnant with my son, I craved fruit.... especially plums and grapes. I hardly ever got sick. I looooved McDonalds (I normally love Taco Bell). My mom had three girls and one boy. With all three girls, she craved junk food and got semi-sick from the pregancies. When she was pregnant with my brother, she craved fruit and veggies and harldly ever got sick. Right now with this pregnancy, I'm hoping for a boy and I have all the same symptoms as I had with my first son. However, I absolutely can't stand pizza for some reason with this pregnancy and you're craving pizza... hmm... I hope you get a girl!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 years old but will be 30 when i have my first LO. First pregnancy & first time mom. I'm excited but also very nervous. Based on everyt...More

Helpful Tips

Profile pic
Are you ladies having any trouble adjusting the picture for your profile? I haven't had any luck with adjusting my pic to show all of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.