Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
28 weeks but measuring 31 weeks
KLBLACK posted:
I am a little confused. I went to Dr today for regular visit and she said I was measuring about 3 wks ahead of schedule. I have measured anywhere from 4 days to 1 wk ahead since the beginning. She sent me for an ultrasound to measure the baby and fluid. She said that I could possibly be measuring big because I am only 5ft tall with a small frame. I have only gained about 25 pounds so far. Turns out the u/s measured me at about 2 wks ahead. She said I'm gonna have a big baby and that I have a lot of fluid other than that everything looks great. She didn't change my DD or anything. I was just wondering if this was normal. I have a pretty good idea of when I conceived and it wouldn't add up right if I go by the U/S with my LMP and ovulation. I even had a pregnancy test done at the hospital on 7/16 and it was negative. This is my second baby. My first weighed 7lb 9oz and I gained a total of about 52 lbs with her 11 years ago. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. LMP 6/30/08 DD 4/6/09

NicoleCoy01 responded:
Well I "thought" my LMP was March 28 cause that was my normal AF it lasted 4 days totally normal well then April 25 oh so I had very light spotting and my crazy docs used that as my LMP. So I was just going with the flow and then when I got like 27 weeks I measured 29 weeks no big deal then when I was 30 weeks I measured 33 weeks so they sent me for a u/s. Baby measured in with a EDD of 1-14-09 and my original EDD was 2-2-09 and my midwife same as yours said your gonna have a big baby and didnt change my EDD :( Well that u/s was in Nov and I had another one on Dec 19 and that EDD was 1-30-09 so maybe my midwife was right. She said either a big baby or LO had growth spurt and now she has slowed down. I just decided hell with it she will come when she is ready, right? Good Luck and I understand your worries. I don't want a huge baby either! My u/s Dec 19 estimated her at 5 pounds 8 ounces. So we will see!

Minnmommy2b responded:
I haven't measured that far ahead but I have measured a few days ahead (doctor measured 28 weeks when I wasn't actually 28 weeks for 4 more days, stupid stuff like that since my "big u/s"). It makes me wonder, but I also figure that everything will happen when my body decides its time. I also try to keep in mind that their measurements aren't exact since they're doing their best to measure from the outside what's inside us. I've seen ladies say that as we progress the tape measure ordeal becomes less and less accurate too. Really am hoping that mine comes "early" and proves that 4 days ahead to be significant because c'mon..... April fools day baby? lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

Third child, so excited to add to the family. Me and DH are both Correction Officers at the same institution, DH works 2nd shift (2pm-10pm) and I wor...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.