Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Nausea and Dizziness
JenandDanny posted:
Hi All- I'm 34 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second child and, starting last night, haven't been feeling so great. It started while I was taking a walk. I started to have some cramping in my lower abdomen/back. After returning to the house, I had diarehea. Afterward, I was really tired and slightly dizzy so I laid down for a little bit and started to feel somewhat better, but just felt really off the rest of the night. If I'm sitting down for a little bit and get up, I have pressure in my belly and, once in awhile, a pain in my groin that hurts when I walk. I had called the doc about the pain last week and he just advised to rest. (It goes away after moving a little while and it doesn't happen all the time) Today, I'm feeling very nauseous with some indigestion and light-headedness. I ate cereal for breakfast this morn and half a bagel (usually can eat more than this). I had some coffee but switched to water when I started feeling this way. The baby is moving as usual, so I'm not worried about that, but should I be worried/calling my doctor about the above? I do have a check up tomorrow that I was planning on waiting for.

onyx15 responded:
Hi Jen, I will be 36wks this Friday and I consistently feel dizziness and nausea. In fact, I wake up with the gross feelings, and literally have to tolerate it all day til bedtime. Even in my sleep, I have heartburn, and have to keep a bottle of Tums next to my bed. Basically, it's like 1st trimester morning sickness which, for me, translates to all-day sickness :chagrin: Even water makes me feel icky, but I have to force myself to stay hydrated and eat at regular intervals for LO's sake. Just wanted to say, you're not alone.

boozemom09 responded:
I'm 32 weeks and am starting to feel the dizziness and slight nausea. I asked my doctor about this today at my appt and he said it is completely normal and just said to eat and drink more than you think you need to. I know it is hard when you feel sick, but it is what's best for the both of you. Hope you feel better soon!

dairygal responded:
I second the "not alone". I'm a week ahead of you and about 2.5-3 weeks ago I started getting nauseous at times and having more lower ab. pain when I walk. I would mention it to your Dr. though, since everyone's case is different. For me he said it just happens, but if I started feeling really sick with vomiting or severe diarrhea to call because that could be a sign of something else going on. good Luck :smile: M-

JenandDanny responded:
Hi- me again. So I came home from work still feeling crappy and laid down for a little over an hour. When I got up, I actually felt worse. I have lower back pain that seems to be radiating on my right side the most and my rib cage is super soar- especially when I take a deep breath. I just tried to go to bed, but got nauseous again so I decided to get up. I had called the dr earlier and he advised that I drink some fluids and relax and that if I didn't feel better after an hour or so, to go to the labor suite at the hospital. I didn't go to the hospital because the pain seemed to be subsiding at that point. Now, I'm considering it. I've put a heating pad on my side/back- but I don't think it's doing much good. Any suggestions?

JenandDanny responded:
Hi- me again. So I came home from work still feeling crappy and laid down for a little over an hour. When I got up, I actually felt worse. I have lower back pain that seems to be radiating on my right side the most and my rib cage is super sore- especially when I take a deep breath. I just tried to go to bed, but got nauseous again so I decided to get up. I had called the dr earlier and he advised that I drink some fluids and relax and that if I didn't feel better after an hour or so, to go to the labor suite at the hospital. I didn't go to the hospital because the pain seemed to be subsiding at that point. Now, I'm considering it. I've put a heating pad on my side/back- but I don't think it's doing much good. Any suggestions?

steph1106 responded:
I would call Labor & Delivery at your hospital and ask them. Ive been feeling sick off and on the last week or so and I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. I didnt mention it to my doctor only because I read it in my What to expect book. Good luck and hope everything is alright...oh yeah and its always better to be safe than sorry if you ask me.

musicmomma23 responded:
I would go in to the hospital. It's alway always always better to be safe than sorry! It could be nothing which in turn Knowing for sure will help you sleep easier, It could be onset to labor though, which obviously is a very big deal. Don't kill any more time go in, spend some time and at the very least ease your mind. :smile: good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am Katya. I am 26 and have been married for 6 years.We have a son who will be 3 in August and expecting a baby sister. We cannot wait for our...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.