Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Amusement park/water rides
jbish posted:
I see a lot of women on here who are going to water parks, and amusement parks and most people are saying it's safe. This is from babycenter.com and the article is summer activities to avoid. ? Amusement park rides: Waterslides and other rides at amusement parks are a no-no, since a forceful landing or sudden start or stop could harm your baby.

Brittanylikesyou responded:
lol I just read that article.. like literally 10 minutes ago =>

March_mommy2be responded:
I've never heard that rides at parks like that are safe.. I totally agree with the article though. Even when I go swimming in our pool, i take my time getting in, not just jumping in like i used to do.. So I can't even imagine going down a water slide or going on a rollercoaster!

MB1979 responded:
I took DS on the merry-go-round at the beach, I don't think that counts though lol. :smile:

Jessica22738 responded:
Well I went to an amusement park this past Friday at 38w w/ my DH and DD but I didn't ride anything other than the lazy river. I wasted 50 bucks just to see my baby girl ride her very first rides and play in the water. It was well worth it :sillygrin:

loribaby21 responded:
i went to Hershey Park twice in the last week or so...but the only 'ride' i got on was the stupid monorail thing which is not a ride it's a train thingy. and i got on the reese's cup challenge which is like a cart ride thing that you ride around inside this building and try shooting targets...at least it was out of the sun. most of the time we were at the park i just walked around and sat on a bench while the others went on rides and then we played games and got caricatures done and stuff... my sil's work picnic was saturday the 13th so we went then and the second time we went was last friday for my work picnic...free tickets both times...free food this last time plus it was a paid day off work lol...it was fun even though i couldn't get on any rides

Jle21 responded:
WHAT???!!!! You mean I can't go on that stand-up, upside-down, loopy-loop coaster?????????!!!!!!!!!! :pbpt: :goofy: I agree, I would just assume that it is common sense to not go on park rides... I'm sure the Merry-Go-Round is safe though Mary Beth ;)

MB1979 responded:
You never know, the centrifugal force could've sent me flying, haha! :smile:

superjunkplace responded:
Lol or you could've tripped getting on!! I wouldn't risk it... :pbpt: Seriously though I don't think I could muster up enough energy to go to an amusement park all day even if I were just walking around. I dunno how you did it, Jessica! I agree though, not a day you'd want to miss! :smile:

bacibaloo responded:
I went to HersheyPark when I was pregnant in 05 and it was torture. :grin: The entire day was pushing one of the twins around (they were 5) and doing absolutely nothing. It was still worth the trip. (Think the freshest chocolate you've ever eaten! What's better than that during pregnancy?) But I stood on the carousel at the beginning of the day and rode the monorail at the end of the day, and did nothing in between. I have said no more amusement parks unless I'm not pregnant.

rockinmama18 responded:
Well, I live in Texas where it is exhaustingly hot and my only pleasure is a good ole water park. So we go every chance we get. And I love it just as much as DD. I have a blast and swimming is good for you. I do ride the baby slides. And I don't feel sliding down a 10 foot slide going .1 mph will hurt me, LO, or DD.... so I also enjoy that. But I also don't read all the articles on the internet. I just live my life and use my own judgment. My biggest problem at the waterpark is getting my big butt out of the tubes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is D(28) DB(30) Jordan(11)Daniel(5)Dasia(2)Dominque(DueApril 3,2011)With this pregnancy its very different from the other three pregnancy,w...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.