Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
SIDE CRAMPS
joskam1007 posted:
I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and every now and then I get a cramp in my side that feels like I pulled a muscle. It's only ever on the right side and takes a while to go away. Does anyone else get this? It feels like when you drink too much water and go running and you get a cramp in the side.... ??????????? Any thoughts?

ch3rip00l responded:
I get those too....just uterus and ligaments stretching to accomodate a very fast growing baby. babies will grow at a record pace in the 3rd tri... it is very annoying, I know. but, if it gets to where you can't stand it or time-able, then call the Dr...

miki1017 responded:
OMG I thought I was the only one! Right side, right at or below the lowest ribs. And my back on that side hurts too! I don't have much to complain about, I'm thoroughly enjoying pregnancy(my first!)but this pain sucks!! :sad:

nana2992 responded:
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME THING BUT ,MINE OR WHEN I HAVE TO COUGH OR SNEEZE,NOT ALL THE TIME, BUT IT SEEMS IF I DO IT MORE THEN ONCE AND HARD.... I GET A SHARP SHOOTING PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE ,LIKE STRAIGHT ACROSS FROM UR BELLY BUTTON. HURTS SO BAD I START CURSING :sealed: CAUSE I DONT WANNA CRY :sad:

witch666 responded:
sounds like the same pain I get when I turn over to fast or don't help the baby belly turn in bed! Brings tears to my eyes! RLP pain all the way, I actually saw an anatomical chart in the OB's office the other day at my apt. Theirs a ligament that runs from the top portion of your uterus down your side at an angle to the inside of your pelvic/top hip area. That's the little bugger that's getting me!!

BrittBratney responded:
Gosh I am so glad I came across this post. I have been dealing with this pain the past 2 days & been wondering what in the world it was. Glad I'm not the only one 'suffering' from it! :pbpt:

Spotlight: Member Stories

Kassia (23), DH Paul (27), 1 dog Diesel, 2 cats Stanley & Mr.Meow Due date: June 14th, 2010 My name is Kassia, I am 23 years old and pregnant with...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.