Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
SIDE CRAMPS
joskam1007 posted:
I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant and every now and then I get a cramp in my side that feels like I pulled a muscle. It's only ever on the right side and takes a while to go away. Does anyone else get this? It feels like when you drink too much water and go running and you get a cramp in the side.... ??????????? Any thoughts?

ch3rip00l responded:
I get those too....just uterus and ligaments stretching to accomodate a very fast growing baby. babies will grow at a record pace in the 3rd tri...

it is very annoying, I know. but, if it gets to where you can't stand it or time-able, then call the Dr...

miki1017 responded:
OMG I thought I was the only one! Right side, right at or below the lowest ribs. And my back on that side hurts too! I don't have much to complain about, I'm thoroughly enjoying pregnancy(my first!)but this pain sucks!!

nana2992 responded:
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SAME THING BUT ,MINE OR WHEN I HAVE TO COUGH OR SNEEZE,NOT ALL THE TIME, BUT IT SEEMS IF I DO IT MORE THEN ONCE AND HARD.... I GET A SHARP SHOOTING PAIN ON MY LEFT SIDE ,LIKE STRAIGHT ACROSS FROM UR BELLY BUTTON. HURTS SO BAD I START CURSING CAUSE I DONT WANNA CRY

witch666 responded:
sounds like the same pain I get when I turn over to fast or don't help the baby belly turn in bed! Brings tears to my eyes! RLP pain all the way, I actually saw an anatomical chart in the OB's office the other day at my apt. Theirs a ligament that runs from the top portion of your uterus down your side at an angle to the inside of your pelvic/top hip area. That's the little bugger that's getting me!!

BrittBratney responded:
Gosh I am so glad I came across this post. I have been dealing with this pain the past 2 days & been wondering what in the world it was. Glad I'm not the only one 'suffering' from it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Melissa (Missy) and my DH (Ken) and I are expecting our 2nd child with an official due date of 4/10/10. We have a c-section scheduled for 4...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful