Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Borage Oil for the cervix?
KStar82 posted:
I just posted another ? about evening primrose oil but have been reading and found something that said BORAGE OIL works best. anyone have any good midwife links about this method to ripen the cervix? or has anyone used it? if so, when did you being using it and how many capsules a day? any iformation appreciated. :smile:

MrsSilva responded:
Hang in there! You should wait until youre at least 37 weeks to start trying to get labor going. Here's some info on ripening cervix (and methods)... www.aafp.org/afp/20030515/2123.html Not sure if they work or if they're recommended, but you should let your doctor know either way that you would like to begin to and get the Ok from them... again, prob til your 37 weeks to make sure your term at least.

wefive responded:
Um how are you gonna get this stuff up in there?

KStar82 responded:
Insert it into the vagina... :sheepish: That's what I have read. You insirt the gel caps in at bedtime and they dissolve by morning. Also read to take orally 2 times daily. I've read a lot about evening primrose oil (inserted the same way) BUT found one site saying that Borage works better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (29), Hubby (35), DD (2), lil man EDD 06/11. I have a bit of a long story, but will try to keep it short. Ever since I can remember, my cycle has n...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.