Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
    • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
    Borage Oil for the cervix?
    KStar82 posted:
    I just posted another ? about evening primrose oil but have been reading and found something that said BORAGE OIL works best. anyone have any good midwife links about this method to ripen the cervix? or has anyone used it? if so, when did you being using it and how many capsules a day? any iformation appreciated. :smile:

MrsSilva responded:
    Hang in there! You should wait until youre at least 37 weeks to start trying to get labor going. Here's some info on ripening cervix (and methods)... www.aafp.org/afp/20030515/2123.html Not sure if they work or if they're recommended, but you should let your doctor know either way that you would like to begin to and get the Ok from them... again, prob til your 37 weeks to make sure your term at least.

wefive responded:
    Um how are you gonna get this stuff up in there?

KStar82 responded:
    Insert it into the vagina... :sheepish: That's what I have read. You insirt the gel caps in at bedtime and they dissolve by morning. Also read to take orally 2 times daily. I've read a lot about evening primrose oil (inserted the same way) BUT found one site saying that Borage works better.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'll try to keep it short! About two years ago, my dr. told me that I might not be able to get pregnant or I may have a very hard time conceiving...More

Helpful Tips

I can relate
    You ladies sound like I do now and I'm going through menopause. See what you have to look forward too. lol Hope you all have healthy babies ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    6 of 13 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.