Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!! Long & Triggs
FloralMom posted:
First of all - sorry this took sooooooo long and second possible triggs. Jeremiah David Kleinschmidt - Born Friday August 14th, 2009 at 2:51pm Thursday, August 13th, we were scheduled to go in at 7:00pm. The doctor was going to administer Cervadill or something similar to help soften my cervix and then start Pitocin at 7:00am on Friday... Well, when we got to the hospital, I was already dilated to a 3 almost a 4, so at 8:00, just before they were getting ready to administer the cervix softener, the doctor told the nurses to just go ahead and start me on the pitocin - right then and there! (Ahhhhh!!!! I ran myself ragged all day, thinking "well, at least I'll get some down time at the hospital", but no, no rest for the weary!!! They started the pitocin drip and and about 10:00 to 12:00 I was having light contractions that were very manageable, but since I was on the pitocin, the nurses kept coming in to monitor me every 20 min to 40 min and of course not letting me sleep, so I dozed off and on all night. Somewhere around 5:00am I started to really feel the contractions, painful but tolerable. About 8:00am they were really hurting. (I delivered DS all natural with no drugs and wanted to do the same with Jeremiah) I was using my breathing techniques and managing quite well, but after laboring all night and having my 3rd cervical check, I was getting frustrated, tired and worn down. I HAD progressed but only about a cm over the whole night... still on pitocin and stuck in my hard as a rock bed. At 11:00, I finally decided that I had been in labor LONGER that I had with DS and made way less progress - DH and decided that I shouldn't put myself through anymore than I really had to and I opted for the Epidural. I was very nervous and by this time, even though I was only 4cm my contractions were running about 1-2 minutes appart. I had 3 contractions while they were giving me my epidural, DH and were praying that I would be able to hold still long enough to get the epidural in! Once I got the epidural I felt about one more contraction and then... BLISS!! I didn't have a epidural with DS, did it all natural - Lordy!!! I will definately do an epidural again! All of the fears that I had were completely put to rest... literally! After I got the epidural, I took a nap! Then my sister came in and we joked and hung out until it was pretty much go time! The doctor waited until the very end to fully break my water, in hopes that it would help apply pressure that Jeremiah's head would not. It was kinda funny, my OB had all of her scrubs and gloves and booties on and was actually hiding from the water breakage. I was feeling great from the epidural, no pain, no pressure, so the nurses just told me when to push, it took maybe 10 minutes and then there he was! No episiotomy, no tears! Even with his defects, he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. His body was so perfect and the most beautiful shade of baby pink. It was instant love! The nurses gave him right to us and we got to hold him, bring in DS and introduce them as brothers. Then the families got to come in and meet my little guy. He was such a tough guy! My doctor let me leave the hospital on Saturday (the next day) and take Jeremiah with us! Because of his condition, he was alot of work - we had to keep his head covered, his eyes moist (he couldn't close them) and he didn't take to feeding - but I didn't mind one bit, he was my baby boy, I worked so hard to keep him safe and I was going to continue as long as God would allow. He did pass peacefully after a seisure in my arms on Monday afternoon. I miss him so much, but I know I will see him again someday. Mommy loves you Jeremiah!!! My doctor was amazing, my nurses were incredible, and my room was NEVER empty - Under the circumstances, I had the best support possible. It really was an excellent experience.

FloralMom responded:
We've had TONS of family in town and then had a perfect service for him on Friday. For those who are wondering, I am doing quite well both physically and emotionally. I'm already itchin' to start my work out regiment that has been on hold for 9 months. Emotionally, it's been hard yet easy. My heart truly breaks for moms that have stillborn babies and are not aware that something might go wrong, at least we had a heads up that he wouldn't make it, we had time to absorb this instead of being blind sided. I miss my little guy a lot, I kept his blanky unwashed because it smells like him love to look at his pictures. And even though 2 weeks ago, I would have jumped over hurdles to hold a baby, after Jeremiah, I can't seem to bring myself to hold another baby yet. I suppose that will go away with time. I may go crazy if one more person pats me on the head and asks "how I'm REALLY doing" - I suppose that will go away with time too. Thank you ladies for sharing this time with me, it's been a hard but amazing journey. Thank you for your prayers and your well wishes, my DH and I have been seriously blown away by the support we have received through all of this! Love those LO's, cherish every minute!!!

bnick13 responded:
I have been wondering about you. Your story brought tears to my eyes... and I am so glad you were able to spend time with your son. That is something you will never forget and will treasure always. You have proven to be an amazing woman, as I have followed your story throughout. You have given me so much strength. Good luck with everything... and know that you and your son are in my thoughts.

Jenn1984 responded:
Amy, thank you for sharing your story and your journey throughout to the end. I wish you and your family the best of luck and my prayers are with you and your family. You are a strong woman and I could only wish to have half of your strength. ((hugs))

Bandia1206 responded:
Lurking from the TTC boards. Hello Amy, I have been following your story and I am truly touched. I am saddened, but also very glad that you had so much time with dear Jeremiah. I am also happy that you are doing so well. You are my inspiration, that when I do finally conceive, I will view everything different. You and your family are in my prayers. I am at a loss for words, even though I have so much I want to say. Take care! With love, Ashley

FloralMom responded:
DUH!!! What kind of Birth Story is this??? :sillygrin: :eek: Jeremiah was 6lbs 15oz and 18 1/2 inches long!! I'm so proud of my little fighter! I did have some pictures taken by "Now I lay me down to sleep" and when I get them back I will post a few!

superjunkplace responded:
Aw that is so beautiful! And so wonderful that you got to enjoy him at home! You're really an amazing person!!!! Congratulations :smile:

sonyadendy responded:
Amy, Just want you to know that we have been thinking about you and praying for you and your family. It is amazing the strength and courage you all have shown through this. Thank you so much for sharing the birth story of your angel. Jeremiah would be very proud of you, your DH and his big brother. You guys are an inspiration to us all. Please don't forget to post pictures of your LO when you get them. May God Bless and Keep All of You.

dangie29 responded:
Thanks, Amy, for the wonderful inspiration you have given. I can't wait to meet Jeremiah some day! I pray the Lord continues to strengthen you and your family.

Bandia1206 responded:
Wow Amy.. Jeremiah was a good size! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your angel. :)

BabyMakesFive2009 responded:
Amy, I am so touched by your strength. What wonderful birth story and I am glad you were able to have some time with your precious Jeremiah. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

miki1017 responded:
Thank you so much for your post Amy, we've all been pulling for you and your family! Although I am typing this through tears I am full of respect and admiration for you and your amazing spirit! Your precious LO was born on my mom's birthday and I feel privileged to have read your birth story. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to pray for you and your family, and for your future LO's. I am so glad you got to spend quality time with your little angel, and just as you will see him again I hope I get to know you both in Paradise! Much love and (((((((hugs)))))))!

LMaar responded:
I'm glad things went as well as they could. You're such a strong person and I admire your strength in everything that you've gone through. Even my DH has followed your story and feels the same way. Best of luck and much love!!!!

EarthMama09 responded:
I'm so glad I checked the boards tonight! What a beautiful story from a beatiful strong mama! It was so great to read that he went home with you. I am so happy for you and your family to have had that time together. I send hugs and prayers from my family to yours, and am so greatful to have been a part of your journey. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us : )

Laney2r responded:
Lurking****************************************************************************************************************** Amy, I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I am so glad that you got some time with little Jeremiah. You are so amazing and strong. I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle and you have truely proven that. Good luck and many blessing in the future. Rachel

Spotlight: Member Stories

Fell in love at 16, engaged at 17, moved out and 1st kid at 18, now expecting another at 19! EDD June 24, 2010. Team Blue Austin Michael or Austin Mat...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.