Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Tight tummy??
babygoins posted:
Hi Ladies. I'm 28 weeks preggo with twin girls and this is my first pregnancy. My stomach has been getting really hard and then relaxing. It's not regular and there is not pain associated with this. Is this Braxton Hicks contractions? I have no clue, but I just wanna make sure everything is ok. I want to carry these baby girls as long as i can but it is getting tougher by the day! I'm a small petite person to begin with and I just don't know how I'm going to do this for 7 more weeks. Baby B stays up under my ribs and I get so short of breath b/c they're pushing up. I'm not complaining b/c I am so blesseed to have to healthy girls growing inside me. I just get kinda frustrated at times. I was taken out of work at 25 weeks b/c I was having contractions, but haven't had anymore. Sorry for rambling on...if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it! Thanks

Jenny22984 responded:
i am 2 days a head to you. the same thing has been happening to me for about 2 weeks. i feel more pressure on my bladder when this happens though. I have reasearched it for about a week and braxton hicks is what i came up with. i only have one in there so i think that it is normal.

bonzabar responded:
lurking... I'm having twin boys and I just turned 24 wks. I think when it does that it's just where they are laying mine does it too. If I rub my belly when its hard it gradually gets soft again. I think it's just if they are laying in the front or back. But like you this is my first pregnancy too so for all I know it could be braxton hicks. But I think its just where they are laying and I don't know if the 4 wks difference makes a big difference.

BozBaby responded:
I am 33 weeks and have been having the same thing for about a month now. I just thought it was the baby pushing but I went to the Dr yesterday and when I laid down to hear the heartbeat he touched my belly and said "Oh, you're having a contraction!". I have never felt anything either but he said that's very normal. The tightness went away a few seconds later. Apparently I've been having braxton hicks for a while now. I'm sure it's what you're experiencing also.

jules19681968 responded:
I am so glad you all posted this. I am 28 weeks today and just moved over here. I have had times when my stomach gets rock hard. I don't know it is happening until I try to move or bend over and then I can feel that my stomach is super rigid, not just the baby in the way, the whole stomach. I don't actually feel a contraction or anything happen until it is done and I don't realize it had gone away until I feel my stomach again. I was wondering what it was about because I did not have this with DS. I also never had BHC so I figured it must be what it was. I have heard a lot of women complaining about feeling an uncomfortable contraction and saying it was BH so maybe we are just at the beginning of this wonderful ride? Pregnancy certainly keeps you on your toes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Michon (pronounced Mi-Shawn) and I am married to the most caring loving man I have ever met his name is Nelson! I have one son Alex who is ...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.