Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
electrical shock ....
mommeeof3 posted:
I just tried to plug my laptop into the wall and got a pretty strong electrical shock. My arm is feeling pretty weird now, kinda heavy. And I feel a heaviness in my chest. I'm 32 weeks pregnant. I cant seem to find any info online about what I should do - should I call my doctor? Or is she safe in there? Anyone?? TIA.

fabaunt1 responded:
I would definately call my doctor asap! It never hurts to check.

UKbluegirl2 responded:
ha!ha! Not to laugh at you, but I did this too!!! It was more like 18 weeks for me though. I would call the doctor. I did and they laughed at me. But better safe than sorry!!!! Have you felt her moving since? I'm pretty sure that's what they are going to ask you. I was turning on the garbage disposal while washing dishes and it shocked me. I dropped the glass bowl in my hands and was pushed back. I was told that the baby has so much insulation via placenta, etc. the she didn't even feel it. Another mom told me that her baby wasn't moving much for her and she was hospitalized and they intentionally shocked her baby. So even if your baby did feel it, I doubt it would affect her. GL!!

mommeeof3 responded:
it happened about 15 minutes ago and i havent felt her since, but she could be sleeping. my whole arm feels heavy & crampy. and it feels like something is sitting on my chest. i feel a little crampy but i could just be stressed out. if i dont feel her in the next 1/2 hour, i'll call the dr and see what they say.

UKbluegirl2 responded:
Maybe drink sugary juice or a soda to get her moving. Push on her a bit.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is D(28) DB(30) Jordan(11)Daniel(5)Dasia(2)Dominque(DueApril 3,2011)With this pregnancy its very different from the other three pregnancy,w...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.