Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
burning sensation on skin
marzz2173 posted:
hello,

am 30 weeks pg with a boy and i am having the strangest and most painful feeling... I have a patch of skin about the size of a softball that feels like my skin is on fire.. as if something has burned my skin but without the redness or burnt look.

has anyone else ever experienced that feeling? i didnt have this with my DD. if anyone has had the feeling please let me know i am not the only crazy pg lady out here.. LOL

marlena DD--Sierra Danielle 3yrs 8 months DS-- Jaxx Kaiden Due Jan 11
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jrjr1645 responded:
I've been having a similar pain on my right knee. There is absolutely nothing visible, yet it's burning like it's on fire. I thought I was going crazy, at least I'm not alone! It's actually gotten better over the past week or so. I hope yours goes away too!

sarahann1978 responded:
I don't know what it is, but I've been having a burning/tingly sensation on the skin under my boobs. My bra really irritates it to. I've wondered if it's PUPPs, but there is no rash, so I don't know. I have an appointment on Thursday and am going to ask about it.

ChrisJA1971 responded:
You didn't mention where the patch of skin is located but sometimes shingles can begin with the sensations you describe. You may want to do a little research just to rule it out.

Mercedes1982 responded:
you didn't say where ...I really don't know why or what is it but I today I got this burning sensation on my left side of my belly...the LO is on my right so I have noooo idea where that is coming from...

marzz2173 responded:
thanks for all the replies to my question!!!!... i am so glad i am not the only one going through this.. I forgot to mention that the pain is just under my left breast. My LO is laying on my right side for the most part so i am not sure what is causing it.. it is too far below my bra line for it to rub...

Brigitte_A responded:
Hello Marzz2173 I have been experiencing the same thing. mine is on the left hands side of my pregnant belly. it really hurts sometimes. like burnt skin, without any scars. i 1st felt it when LO started kicking on 1 spot for a while. and i also notice that i start feeling it when im on my feet for too long. when i lay down its much better. but last night i went to lay down, and it took so long to get better. feels like my tummy is pulling my skin downwards. realy got scared. also thought im the only one experiencing this

Savisjr responded:
I have EXACTLY the same pains, under my right breast (bra line), about the same size too. I'm going to ask my doctor about it on Monday. I'm 32 weeks starting tomorrow but the pains started almost two weeks ago. Sometimes if I stretch or move a certain way it feels like the skin is actually tearing. Oh and if baby decides to plant a foot under my rib it aggravates it more. I find that a cool cloth or a bath seems to help it. I also rub pretty oily cream on it to minimize the pain. This is my first pregnancy, don't know what the gender will be. YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!! If you found an answer to what it is or how to treat it PLEASE let me know...and I'll do the same! Samantha

emet220 responded:
I am 35 weeks pg with a boy as well and having the same feeling, it is driving me almost to tears it is so painful. Did you ever figure out what it was or how to stop it?

Chaera responded:
i'm 27 weeks pregnant and I have the same burning sensation just at the bra line on my right side. i have a friend who went through her pregnancy with some of the same sensations says its only the skin being stretched. i kinda find it hard to believe it would only hurt one spot but maybe there is some truth to it i dunno if this helps at all i hope it does a bit and i found that massaging hand cream or body lotion in the spot helps a bit or just massaging the spot helps too.

FirstTimeMomNC responded:
You're not crazy! I'm 36 weeks and have been having it under left breast for 6 weeks. I was in rotation at my dr office and finally saw my "real" dr and he explained that there is a patch of nerves that get aggrevated from the stretching/expanding of everything and that is what causes the burning sensation. Nothing can be down about it. I couldn't sleep on my left side because of the sharp pain that would wake me up. 2 weeks ago it would burn if I bent down. Before I knew what it was I was putting lidocaine and powder on it to stop the burning! I even bought wireless bras. It seems to have subsided now that the baby is facing down.

benak responded:
Hi! I have the same thing going on but in a different area. Did you ever find anything for relief? Also, did it go away after you gave birth??

benak responded:
Hi! I have the same thing!!! Its awful. I swear my doctor thinks I am crazy. Im 25 weeks preggers. It is mainly a problem when Im standing. Sitting gives me relief. It feels like it is burning on fire! There is no rash or mark or anything. Very uncomfortable. I cant find any info on it. Cant find any other relief. I guess I am just hoping it will go away in 3 months when I have my baby. You arent crazy! I have it too!

benak responded:
Hi! Did you ever find any relief? Or did it go away after you agve birth? Im really uncomfortable and no one knows what this is!

keke90 responded:
I'm currently experiencing this problem and am just 23 weeks pregnant, actually I thought that I was the only one in the world with this experience but now I know am not alone.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful