Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
exercises to open pelvis
mrswelchiswaiting posted:
ok ladies, i'm really trying to avoid a c-section, forceps, or the vacuum and other than just hoping everything goes right, i figured it wouldnt' be a bad idea to try some of those "pelvis opening" stretches that help to make the way out for baby a little smoother. not sure how well it all really works, but it can't help to try! so do any of you know what kinds of stretches these may be? im trying to look online,but its a little confusing. :confused:

ewpy responded:
The only one I know of is sitting on an exercise ball and rolling your hips.

ewpy responded:
Found this online: www.babycenter.com/0_four-exercises-to-ease-aches-and-help-with-labor_1332762.bc

Jess102600 responded:
Squats are good, especially if you can hold them once you're in the down position. There are all kinds of exercises you can do on the exercise ball, like squats, hip rolls, and getting down on all fours with your legs spread a little and your chest resting on the ball. DH always jokes in our birthing classes that that's the position that got us here :wink: :sillygrin:

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Julie. I'm 29, my DH Chris is 36. We have a son named Kawika, born 4/25/11, and a chihuahua named Wonton. We're expecting our seco...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.