Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
swollen vagina????
mcbellie13 posted:
anyone else feel like their whole vagina is swollen??? it's uncomfortable when i wipe after peeing b/c the entire area just feels very sensitive and sort of puffy. i looked down there w/ a mirror and everything looks a lot bigger and vascular. i don't suspect an infection b/c i haven't had a change in discharge or itching/burning, and there is no odor. i don't remember this ever happening w/ my first pregnancy....any thoughts? tia!

catsi2002 responded:
yep, mine is same way...the veins are much thicker and engorged with blood, looks like I traded my regular vajajay area for another, TOTALLY different from before...lol... this is my first pregnancy...and i sooooo hope i get mine back after LO born!!!! me(35) DH (28) 4 furry feline babies, scheduled c-section 2/24/2010, pink team

emily8091457 responded:
I'm pretty sure it's normal. Mine is this way too (though I don't remember it being this bad with DD). It's very swollen and i can see the veins. I'm pretty sure it's due to all the extra blood flow and the pressure the baby is putting on things down there. Mine doesn't necessarily hurt during the day, but when I use the bathroom I can feel it and it's sort of tender/sore... or if I've been walking a lot, I can start to feel a sort of aching, pressure there (again, I think from the baby pushing down on things). It is NOT pretty. I looked down there with a mirror a while back... um... it looks like a train wreck. I feel like I need to worn my OB before my first internal check next appt... even though I'm sure she's seen it before... it's just kind of shocking... because it's not MY vagina right now! LOL :pbpt:

amandagray responded:
thats normal...it will go back to it's regular size after delivery

mrswelchiswaiting responded:
yes! my hooha feels very puffy lately :( and i really hate that b/c after i pee and then wipe i just feel like i'm not "clean. i bought some of those moist wipes (like adult baby wipes) that i use after going to the bathroom that help with "refreshing" the area, but i have to say i really miss my old vagina :sheepish:

ljlflorida responded:
I'm glad I'm not the only experiencing this! I feel the same way as the rest of you ladies. It feels the most sore when I use the bathroom. I've been using cottonelle wipes and they help for feeling refreshed but not with the puffiness. I figured it was swollen due to the extra amount of blood flow. Just another joy of pregnancy! :eek:

VeryFirst responded:
OMG! OMG! OMG! LOL so hard. LOL so hard :sillygrin: :sillygrin: :sillygrin: I thought it was my toilet tissue!!! That was a pregnancy symptom!!!! :eek: :sillygrin: OMG so funny. I really really thought my tissue was just too hard or ruff. I switched from Scotts to Charmin and Cottonelle. Hahahahaha I can not believe this one. Ladies thats why I call myself VeryFirst. I am soooo new to this that it isn't funny. I have to call my mom and tell her about this one. That's why I love WebMd. :wink:

ShanF317 responded:
I do and it hurts so bad the first time I wiped I wanted to cry. I pat it dry because it just hurts to wipe. I was going to ask my dr at my appt next week. I don't think it's an infection either but the fact that it will have to dialate soon.

kadamson responded:
I totally understand what you are talking about. this is my 3rd baby and I totally don't remember this with my boys.

hlywd7mom responded:
I had the same problem that I noticed out of nowhere last month, my dr. explained that the extra blood running in that area causes swelling but also that we have varicose veins...yes ladies varicose veins in our va-jayjay! They were extremely swollen but can and will come and go through the end of pregnancy. I can totally sympathize! When mine was swollen I couldn't even sit straight up it hurt sooo bad. A cool compress does help! Give it a try, don't let yourselves suffer!!!

kjwbwm602 responded:
Yes I do... Actually I feel like it has been "swelling" since the beginning almost. I assumed it was "normal" to swell some. I agree with the puffy feel n sensitivity... (and I ended up with a yeast infection on top of this a week or so ago because I was on an antibiotic for an ear ache LOL, which was quite the painful experience.... thought of using the "bottle cleaning brush" for other reasons.... if ya get my drift... it was so itchy... but that diflucan stuff... where has that been my whole life! LOL) I don't know what it looks like for sure right now because I cant really see it LOL even with the mirror... i suppose I can see it... just shadowed by the belly which makes it hard to distingush different things... LOL that reminds me I had to have DH put cream on my bikini cracks because I razorburned them last time i tried to shave "blind" LOL not pretty :( oh well, i think we are ok... as long as you dont start burning or start searching for the bottle brush! then you might want to check with the doc about a yeasty infection!

GigiSage responded:
My doula and I talked about that today! She said try taking compress or a towel that has cold water on it and use it to help the swelling go down! I thought I would share that! She said it will help post delivery as well when everything is sore. Thought I would pass that on.

Kland5 responded:
Now that they are checking me down there I just want to scream... Remember the first exam you did when I found out I was pregnant?! (I had a pap) That was mine. This is not..

TakarahsMommy responded:
Very First, you crack me up hun!!! Way to funny this got posted because I was just about to!!! Over the weekend I noticed... I was like whoa where'd that come from...If we were men you know we would be walking around with our heads held hi haha

mommabear3502 responded:
Yeah the whole swollen vajayjay is making sex more difficult than it used to which makes me sad bc I'm wanting it more than ever. :crying: Makes the hubby sad too bc he knows it's difficult for me. I try not to let it interfere with that though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone! I am a 27 year old mother of one with a little on the way. Me and my hubby have been together for 9 years now, and we are so excited t...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.