Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Which bottle do you prefer?
marshac01 posted:
Anyone who's done this mommy thing before have an opinion on which bottle they liked best or preferred? I havn't gotten any bottles from my showers and I registered for both the Playtex Vent Aire and Drop Ins system. Anyone have any thoughts on either of those kinds of bottles??

Take the Poll

Which bottle do you prefer?
  • Playtex Vent Aire
  • Playtex Drop Ins
vote
View Poll Results

misbell responded:
I plan on using the Playtex Drop Ins. Everything I have read and experienced with the Vent Aire is they leak and the numbers rub off easily.

orin34 responded:
I have been doing research online trying to find a good fit since I found out recently I can't breastfeed at all. Like the previous poster said I have heard that the Vent Air ones leak.... The downside of the drop ins of course is that you have to buy the plastic drop in things... which means you are wasting $.
(DH and I have to save where we can....). The top ones I have heard suggested were Nuk, Avent, and Dr. Browns (but dr browns apparently has a lot of peices you have to clean and I would rather not hassle with that either....).

ChristinaTT responded:
I like the Avent bottles, used them with both our girls, sorry I don't really have any experience with other kinds.

Sara6Cats responded:
I haven't had a lot of experience with either of the bottles - when I was working at a daycare there were moms that used both and I didn't see any problems with either of them - I think you can buy generic brand drop-ins refills - the only problem I had with them was I was never sure exactly how much water I was putting in when mixing formula - but PP is right about the numbers rubbing off on the vent-aire ones - which I never fully understood how those worked either! I used the AVENT bottles with DS and plan to use them again this time - another thing to consider is if you plan to breastfeed - it's easy to get bottles that go with the pump you're using then you can pump into a bottle and just put a nipple on it and not have to dump into different bottles/containers all the time! However - your baby will let you know which bottles he/she likes best - we tried several different ones in the first couple of days before DS settled on the AVENT!

dwaw02 responded:
Lurking...

We tried a bunch of bottles at first with DS, and he did best with the Ventaires in terms of his reflux, so that's what we used. I never had a problem with them leaking...I remember there was a trick to them that I can't remember (I'll have to ask my sister - she is using them right now for my niece)...either the little disk had to be wet or dry for a good fit, and not the other or they would leak. Neither of us has had any problems with the #'s rubbing off, but we don't put them in the dishwasher...maybe that was the problem?

I will say if you have a reflux baby, what you want to use may not work for the baby (this happened with DS) so you may not want to get locked in to a certain type yet.

Angela, DS (5), EDD 7/25/10 Pink Team

I haven't used the drop ins since I was feeding the above referenced sister, 30 years ago (!) so I can't say I have experience with them.

marshac01 responded:
Thanks for everyone's input! I do plan on getting some bottles that attach right to my pump, but I also wanted to get a few others. My thinking behind the drop ins was not having to wash as many bottles... but then again it is more $ to keep buying the liners. hhmm... I guess I have time to figure it out. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my current DH for almost 5 years. Have five kids with one on the way.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.