Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Home from the hospital with a baby!!!
k8lynn0428 posted:
Short: Blake Isaak Brown was born 3-8-10 at 11:41pm. He is 7lbs 11oz, 20 inches long, and beautiful!!

Long: I went to work in the morning with a few bigger than normal contractions, but still didn't know if it was anything more than bhc. My long term sub was there with me to shadow me for the day. I realized not that long into the day that they weren't bhc but they weren't bad enough for me to leave and being at work passed the time better. Come 1:30 I decided that it was probably time to start timing them, and they were getting more difficult to have and not show it in front of the kids, so I left. (Thank goodness my sub was there to shadow me!) Went and walked around Walmart and did errands with my mother to pass the time and keep things moving. They were about 4 minutes apart for about 2 hours, but not strong enough to feel like I should call. Finally called and they wanted to check me even though I knew wouldn't be staying. I was at 2cm 80% effaced... so we left and went to dinner. That was at 5pm. Got back to my house at 7, and labored at home. By 9pm just couldn't take it any longer so went back. I was only at 3cm when they checked me at 9:30. I wanted to cry. They said the frequency, intensity, and duration of contractions looked like i would stay, but that I should walk and they'd check me again in an hour to see for sure. Went to go pee and my water broke. I was in so much pain I asked for some nubain, and they said I was at 5cm. By the time I had the shot, it wasn't touching the pain. They checked and I was at 8. The anesthesiologist got to my room and they sat me up. The baby's hear rate dropped to 89 and the nurse wanted me to lay down so she could check to make sure the cord wasn't prolapsed. When she checked I was at 10cm. They ran to get the dr. and he tried to check me, and looked down and I was about to crown. Three pushes later, Blake was there. I can't believe I got to the hospital at 9:30 and was 3cm dialated and two hours later I had a baby in my arms!!! He is so beautiful and we are both doing great!

Jess92483 responded:
Aww!! Congrats on your lil man!!!

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations! Amazing to go so quick! Welcome Baby Blake!

CherylG079 responded:
Congratulations!!!

mommabear3502 responded:
Congratulations!

BTW, you're not a Chris Isaak fan, are you? We're kind of settled on the name Isaac for a boy, but if I suggested spelling it with a K the DH will get VERY suspicious that I am wanting to name him after Chris Isaak who is one of my favorite musicians.

yzzil2103 responded:
Congrats! Sounds like you had an awesome labor!

DeNeekosAlmostHere10 responded:
Awww congradulations im so happy for you and your family. I hope everything goes well.

Spotlight: Member Stories

me 27, husband 28 had been ttc for about 2 1/2 years. prescribed clomid for not ovulating, miscarried @ 6wks in June '11, currently pregnant since...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.