Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story!!!
ChristinaTT posted:
Short: Eveleen Grace Turner arrived Saturday morning March 6 at 4:04 a.m. weighing in at 6 lb 11 oz and 18 1/2 in. long.

Long: I lost what I thought was my mucus plug Friday morning and was having lower back / crampy pain all day Friday but nothing really timeable or too intense. I had a doctor's appt in the afternoon and he said I was still kind of long but softer and about 2 cm dilated. DH and I walked across town to some friends' house to get labor jump-started...and it seemed to work, 5 min. apart contrax getting harder to talk through, but then at 7:30 p.m. everything stopped! So I figured, all right, I'll get some sleep. I went to bed at 8 but woke up at 9:30 with ouchy back pain / cramping and got up to go to the bathroom and lost my entire mucus plug. (Turns out I hadn't really experienced that before, be warned, it's big and looks scary!) I tried to go back to bed but after an hour and a half the cramping had gone from 10 min. apart to 3 min. so I got up. I was able to stay at home until 2:30 a.m. when the contractions were 2-3 min. apart. I just didn't want to get to the hospital too early! I know from my first 2 girls that it takes me a long time to get to 3cm.

Well, we got to the hospital and checked into L and D, they hooked me up to a monitor and verified that I was in fact in labor! At 5 cm! Super exciting since I had never gone past 3 cm without the epidural. Nurse called my doctor and he got there an hour later and checked me, I was at 6-7 cm and ready to get in the tub (you can labor in the tub at our hospital but not deliver). Half an hour later I got out of the tub (with a lot of help!!!) and after 1 push (and a lot of yelling!) baby Eveleen was here! That makes DD #3, poor DH was hoping for a boy to even the score but it looks like just not yet? So exciting to go all natural! We went home on Sunday and are doing well. Weight checks to see if I'll be able to breast feed or if we will have to switch exclusively to bottle feeding (family history) but crossing my fingers that we don't have to switch yet!

Best wishes for all the new mommies, hang in there! It's been a fun 9 months with you!

Me (28) DH (27) DD #1 12/04 DD #2 2/07 DD #3 3/6/10 -- previously yellow team, looks like Pink for sure! Poor DH!

blackab responded:
Congrats! and LOL on the MP....I lost mine all at once too so when I see people ask if they "may" have lost it or not I am like um yeah.....there is NO DENYING IT! I am so glad you had such a good experience!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me and my hubby are expecting our first, due 11/25...Thanksgiving day! I thought that was ironicallly appropriate and sweet! We are super excited but ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.