Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Question about 1st Tri Screening
hmrm1020 posted:
Hey everyone, I had a question for the ones that have had their 1st tri screening done...my girlfriend is expecting and when she went for the 1st tri screening the doctor told her that the Nuchal Fold was measuring at a 3.5 and the norm is 3, has anyone been told this and had further testing and everything was fine. The dr told her he wasn't too concerned to wait for the blood work before she gets too upset.

Samantha_77 responded:
Many people don't get these tests done because they give a 20% false positive. Keep that in mind.

GigiSage responded:
The screening is only to notify the doctor of potential problems and is not a guarantee that there is a problem.

jlenn responded:
Yes, ditto the others. It is really just a screening test to give the doctors a sense of who should be actually tested for issues. It is not a diagnosis of anything. Plenty of people with high readings end up getting the diagnostic tests done and everything is normal. Easier said than done, but really try not worry.

Spotlight: Member Stories

after 4+ years of trying our dream is coming true.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.