Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
36 week Update.... What a crazy day!
marshac01 posted:
Yesterday I went for my 36 week check up in the morning. They did the GBS swab and the Dr. also did another ultrasound. McKenzie is still breech and according to my AF level (which is normal to low normal) she doesn't have enough room to flip. They sent out another CBC to check my platelet level and she said she would call later that day with results and to possibly schedule the c/s. She says she will schedule it for 38 weeks tentatively as long as my platelets are about 100,000. If they seem to go up quite a bit (120,000 or higher) then she will likely post pone the c/s until 39 weeks.
So i went on about my day, I had a busy schedule! I went and got the car seat checked, then i had to go in for my weekly NST. I got to the hospital around 3pm, the nurse hooked me up and found her HB but not more than 5 minutes later did her HB drop from the 120s to 60!! So then I had like 6 nurses on me hooking me up to different monitors, they had be get into a gown and they started an IV for fluids and made me sit there for close to 4 hours while they watche dher HB. She was fine the whole time. The Dr. on duty said what may have happened was the nurse picked up my HB instead since my pulse was close to 60 bpm. But they wanted to be safe rather than sorry. My nurse was almost possitive that I would be going to an emergency c/s that night! Thankfully that wasn't the case and we got to go home around 6:30pm. What a crazy day I had!!! This LO is already proving herself to be a trouble maker!

marshac01 responded:
Oh I should probably mention that I have not gained any weight in the last month! I asked my Dr. about it and she didn't seem concerned. I was measuring 2 weeks behind now!! And my platelet level came back at 110,000 which is good enough for a c/s! So I'm waiting to talk to my Dr. this week about when to schedule it for. Obviously I have to have another level done this next week to ensure it's not dropping.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are expecting our second son May 14, 2010. Our first son, Jonathan, is two years old and a lot of fun. We're really looking forwa...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.