Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Sleepiness
Lilliahna posted:
HI ladies! I was wondering if any of you are having problems staying awake? Every day it get a lttle worse here. I am beginning to feel unsafe driving to and from work (I work 62 miles away from home) as I can barely fight off the sleepiness in the car. Every evening I am nodding off at work. Why is it such a struggle to stay awake?!?! I sleep as well as can be expected at night. Any insight/ advice?

54 days until induce date : )

tdub089 responded:
I was once getting sleepy all the time but it has slacked off a little...since my doc said that my iron was low...the pills really do help..but I havent taken them in a week and I can feel my sleepiness/tiredness coming back....sorry i couldnt be of too much help...how far along are ya?

JessWilcox responded:
I feel that way too! Even if I clock a good 8 hours of sleep i never feel fully rested! I was on my way home from my grandparents with my kids the other night n had to call DH because I could feel myself drifting! I'm not sure what it is though? I guess its just one of those pregnancy things. Maybe we are lacking some vitamin or something. I don't really have any advice so I'm not much help but you arent alone in the battle to stay awake!

Lilliahna replied to tdub089's response:
I am 31 w 2 d ... I hope my iron isn't low, I'm taking my prenatal vitamin & a supplemental vitamin that has iron . Doesn't it just make you crazy??

Lilliahna replied to JessWilcox's response:
Thanks for responding ladies! My work is the pregnancy factory lol but I am the furthest along right now and none of the recent moms had any trouble with it : (

tdub089 replied to Lilliahna's response:
In that case then your iron may not be low...and it does make me totally crazy! It sucks big time! I hope it gets better for you soon...be careful on that road when you are getting off of work..

tdub089 replied to Lilliahna's response:
is preg factory the name of where you work or am i just being slow lol

Lilliahna replied to tdub089's response:
I should have worded that more clearly lol I just meant that there are constantly several women here pregnant at once, usually around 6-8.

GigiSage replied to Lilliahna's response:
You should tell your doctor since it is a quick blood test to check iron levels... Otherwise how do you sleep at night? Are you having restful sleep? You could always take a quick cat nap before you leave in the evening to drive home. Just 10 minutes of having your eyes closed while in a safe enviroment can make you more awake. When I used to drive home from my long distance boyfriends house at like 3am I would have to stop at a well lit gas station, lock my doors and take a few minutes to close my eyes and sleep. Once I woke up I felt better and I wasn't nodding off on the road.

Lilliahna replied to GigiSage's response:
I sleep as well as can be expected- I already had problems going to sleep and staying asleep before I got pregnant. Now I sleep in 40 min to 3 hour intervals depending on the night. I get 8 hours or so of sleep at least, just not at once. I'll make sure they check my iron levels at my next appt, it's only 2 weeks away : ) I used to do the cat nap trick on road trips, I hadn't thought about doing it for my daily trips. Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been happily married to the love of my life, Mike, since July 31st, 2008. His three kids from a previous marriage live with us and I have a D...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.