Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Induction ?
segadelli24 posted:
I was hoping to go naturual with baby number 2 but at nearly 41 weeks she has not dropped she is high and floating my cervix is hard and high and I have dilated to 2cm but thats it , I have no signs of labor , no bh contractions cramping backache nothing , my son was an induction at 42 weeks and 2 days , same thing 1cm dilated hard high cervix , baby floating and not engaged and no signs of labor so the ob I am seeing know feels we may be waiting for nothing .... I really am ready to have this baby and my MIL has flown down and is here only for one more week , we are tentativly scheduled for thursday , but I am hoping and praying something will happen ... I have been walking everyday sitting in diffrent positions had sex with my husband tried everything but castor oil and absolutly notta so I feel like I am doing the right thing its just so darn frustrating

BNWilson3 responded:
I feel your pain. At 40 weeks and 6 days I am also being induced tomorrow but I am still holding out hope that I go on my own!!!

Lizard_217 responded:
I was in the same position with DD#2. She just was happy in there. My doc said that hte only thing that helps is cervical abruption - meaning stripping membranes or DTD. DTD also helps b/c the semen has prostaglandin in it which helps produce dilation (or so they say). Sometimes those babies just want to cook for a little longer. GL with the induction. I hope all goes well.

tborek responded:
Sorry you haven't had any signs yet. That baby is just nice and comfy I guess! I would just say keep DTD. As pp said the prostaglandin can help dialate. Do you have a yoga ball? They say that if you sit and bounce on a yoga ball with your pelvis open you can help push the baby down and engage. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

me, DH, DD (9/25/08), DS 9/24/10-but will be here via c-section before.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.