Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby is still high
alisonfw posted:
I am due 4/21. At my appointment yesterday I was told that despite the kid being "really high up there" (official medical opinion!) I am 80% effaced and almost 2cm dilated. If she drops at all, I will likely go into labor immediately since all of that progress has been made with no engagement on her part.
Anyone have a tip up her sleeve to get my girl to scootch on down a little bit? I have threatened to start jumping up and down which DH does not find amusing AT ALL.

smileysmom responded:
Tickle her feet.

Just kiddin' - no advice but I have the opposite problem! My boy has dropped and I'm not having any other progress at all (which is fine by me because I'm only 35 weeks) but let me tell ya... it is un-com-fort-able.

Good luck and dropping vibes sent your way!

blackab replied to smileysmom's response:
I'm sorry :-( that's good that you have made progress despite her not being engaged!

I too am having the opposite problem. I am 33 weeks and she is already engaged and I am 50% effaced and beginning to dilate....VERY uncomfortable to walk!

mrswelchiswaiting responded:
i'm the same way. at my appt 10 days ago i was 2 cm 60% effaced but baby was still at a -3 station and sitting high. i think the only thing we can do is let gravity take the reins :) ie. walk walk walk... thats my opinion though. as always "baby will come when he/she is ready"... i hate hearing that, but its true... i hope i have some progress at my appt tomorrow...

alisonfw replied to mrswelchiswaiting's response:
Good luck tomorrow with yours! I would love to walk but I get winded after 5 minutes of activity since she is squishing my lungs. I will try to eat a lot for dinner tonight-maybe if I fill up what is left of my stomach, she will get uncomfortable and shift.

hmhess4523 responded:
I'm due the 21 also, my appt is tomorrow. I'm hoping that there is some progress there as well. My lo hasn't dropped yet either but the doc says that is very normal if you've had more than one. This is my 4th so he said she may not drop until I deliver her. I've been having tons of bh contractions and they are pretty hard so I hope they are doing something besides hurting my back and making her mad. Good luck and I hopes she does what you want her to do, but they only come when the time is right for them. Like my dr told me last week it could be tonight or it could be 3 weeks from now don't get your hopes up, just be prepared for either. Remember, if you haven't already, pack a bag it's getting very close, you've made it this long even if it's another 2 weeks that's nothing compared to the 38 you've already flown through. GL to all!

wilburlbh responded:
walk walk walk & more walk! or walk with one food on the curb one on the ground. or rock side to side on an excersize ball is all suppose to wiggle the baby into a delivery possition.

wilburlbh responded:
im 4to5cm 80 effaced & at 0 station. so you can have some of my discomfortness! im being induced on the 14th if she doesnt come before that. ill make sure to send you labor vibes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi 33 weeks with 3rd baby girl on her way. Been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years. Currently have a six and three year old. Love my family ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful