Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
For those with 2 or more...
Zoer posted:
How much earlier (if at all) did you go into labor with the second baby? I read that second and subsequent babies come earlier than first babies and I was curious about that for planning purposes. Probably not a good idea to try to predict when a baby will come but I would appreciate reading anyone's experiences

My first baby was born at 40 weeks and 1 day. I am currently 36 weeks with a second pregnancy and wondering if anyone's second or subsequent baby came drastically earlier than their first.

Jessica

Mathis24 responded:
1st baby I was 40 weeks 5 days, 2nd baby I went in at 36 weeks got sent home 3 days later and induced at 39 weeks, 3rd baby I had at 37 weeks 3 days, this one will probably be around 36 or 37 weeks, been dilated since 28 weeks and contractions that are strong. Doctor thinks so too.

mommyof3kiddos responded:
Lurking from 2nd tri. I had my first at almost 41wks. I was induced. I choosed to be induced with my second at 39wks. But I was already at 38wks 3cms dilated. With my third I went into labor on my own at 38wks 5days. I was 3cms for about two weeks before I went into labor. So yes for me they come earlier. I don't think DD1 would have held on for another week but I was induced first.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
All of mine were after due dates. My first-3 weeks after even the doctor's ultrasound prediction. Of course, technically the girls came earlier (middle child 10 days post dates) but the third was forcibly evicted by induced labor at two weeks late.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been happily married to the love of my life, Mike, since July 31st, 2008. His three kids from a previous marriage live with us and I have a D...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.