Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Castor Oil? Huh?
VeryFirst posted:
What does Castor ( I hope I spelled that right) Oil do? and How much do you drink?

casperkawa responded:
It makes you poop and throw up. I did it with my first and I was sooooo sick, I would never do it again. But I did go into labor within three days and he was eight days early, but like I said I have had three kids since and would NEVER do it again. It has been sixteen years and it is still with me YUCK~~ I am not sure how much you should drink though you can probably google it. Good luck

VeryFirst replied to casperkawa's response:
Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I will so stay away.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
It does nada, unless you count a nice long time in the bathroom something. (Believe me-desperate enough to try it with my horridly late children)

Briarrose31 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I would NOT try that method. All it is going to do is upset your stomach and give you diarrhea and throwing up. Not fun when 9 months pregnant!!

VeryFirst replied to Briarrose31's response:
Im not going to try it, but why do woman drink it? What do they think it's gonna do?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi 33 weeks with 3rd baby girl on her way. Been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years. Currently have a six and three year old. Love my family ...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.