Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Castor Oil? Huh?
VeryFirst posted:
What does Castor ( I hope I spelled that right) Oil do? and How much do you drink?

casperkawa responded:
It makes you poop and throw up. I did it with my first and I was sooooo sick, I would never do it again. But I did go into labor within three days and he was eight days early, but like I said I have had three kids since and would NEVER do it again. It has been sixteen years and it is still with me YUCK~~ I am not sure how much you should drink though you can probably google it. Good luck

VeryFirst replied to casperkawa's response:
Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I will so stay away.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
It does nada, unless you count a nice long time in the bathroom something. (Believe me-desperate enough to try it with my horridly late children)

Briarrose31 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
I would NOT try that method. All it is going to do is upset your stomach and give you diarrhea and throwing up. Not fun when 9 months pregnant!!

VeryFirst replied to Briarrose31's response:
Im not going to try it, but why do woman drink it? What do they think it's gonna do?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful